It is true the 2021 ford ranger is missing a gear

PierreD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
AV Tech
After reading the original post 10 days ago, I decided to check out this "phenomena".
I have not seen gear #2 light up once in all kinds of driving.
BTW, I do lock out 10 & 9 all the time now and find it way better for off highway driving.....
Sponsored

OP
OP

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
After reading the original post 10 days ago, I decided to check out this "phenomena".
I have not seen gear #2 light up once in all kinds of driving.
BTW, I do lock out 10 & 9 all the time now and find it way better for off highway driving.....
I have been using tow mode now gear 2 now "shows up" and I like the RPM range for each gear. City driving I am usually topping out at gear 7 or 8.

Not to get the light to plug in that will cause this to do it automatically so I don't have to push the multiple buttons on start up.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Sport mode, tow mode or manual shift will reveal your "missing gear". Mine skips 2nd all the time when in D but if you get on it from a stop a little bit it will indeed shift into 2nd and then it usually skips 3rd. I personally find that the acceleration in 3rd gear is plenty when I'm in D. And if I could really have my way, I'd wish for 1st to not be so short. 3rd gear seems to be the sweet spot in this truck, acceleration wise, for my type of driving.