Is Ford liable for this?

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Y'all got such shitty relationships with your dealers! I don't get it! I've bought tons of new cars over 30 years, had lots of problems and worked through a buyback or two had a beautiful mustang backed into a pole on delivery, but still never had such animosity toward the dealer. Shit happens, man! I tend to believe if you go into it expecting someone to do you wrong, you'll be wronged. It's a scratch, on a freakin truck, on the interior...not the end of the world. Look the thing over when you pick it up and talk to them right there. If you show up with a film crew and a lawyer to do a CYA documentary when you drop it off, you may just be forcing your fate. I also don't dealer shop. I try to work WITH my chosen dealer's rep toward resolution, not come at it with who is responsible. It's seemed to work over the years.
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
ive noticed the new rangers inside do get scars easily. as far as liability from the dealer... unless you have the dealer that is the exception to the crowd, no liability. the dealers i have had interactions with are never ever liable for anything under any conditions. id have a better chance of hitting the lotto than a dealer owning up to a mistake. im sure it is broken record from me but worst part of owning a ford is the damn dealers.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Good news! Just got a call part was ordered and they will set up an appointment to fix the damage. Capitol Ford doing their due diligence. Have a great weekend everyone.
Hey, Eric, I am glad things worked out for you. A good dealer will fix this kind of stuff gratis because it is the right thing to do. A smart dealer will fix this kind of stuff gratis because it will keep you happy and make them more money down the line.

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
No worries ā€˜Prideā€™, you and I would never do any business together anyway.

I do happen to ā€œcareā€ about my history, and I made it very clear Ford and the dealership I purchased from should too. I just wanted to make myself clear (to dealer and by extension Ford) that Iā€™m only too happy to become ā€œthat customerā€ if need be.

I wasnā€™t a ā€œfan boyā€ of Honda, and Iā€™m certainly not of Ford. Build a quality product for tens of thousands of dollars, and service it for top dollar and weā€™ll be fine. I donā€™t care what the nameplate is.

Anyhow, glad youā€™re so ā€œproudā€, glad to see you ā€œact like itā€. My Ranger has as of today a grand total of 375 miles on it. Letā€™s hope 100k in itā€™s just as good as it has been so far.
Oh my! You seem like a joy to be around!

I think you probably need someone to tell you to your face to go F yourself a few times because you truly seem like a pain in the ass and your attitude (if these posts are reflective of your real life persona) could be THE single cause of your hardache. Lighten up.
Ironically, as a past salesman myself, I can assure you that that dealer knows your type and is screwing you over without you even being wise to it. I dealt with your "type" EVERY DAY. Interestingly enough, I only dealt with those folks because every one of them thought they were smarter and more cunning...and I cashed in on their Dunning-Kruger syndrome. Every day. Paid my way through college with it. Never cared about how happy they were because they never were. Moral of the story. Just be nice. It pays back pretty well.

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
DAMN!!! Sorry to see that. My new habit is to take pictures near where the are working after my plates got scratched up from the first time. Hope you can find some befores.
Seems some people on here are quick to judge others and fling insults left and right. Wonder if this is typical on other automotive forums.. Back on topic, I agree it's good idea taking before after pics to cover ye ol arse hole for proof

Last edited:

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I feel your pain.

I just got mine back from the dealer for the ebrake boot and found this...

IMG_1427.jpeg

I'm going to have to look and see if I have a before pic.

I hate having to take my vehicle to the dealer for anything. I'm dreading how much damage they're going to do when they have to rip the dash apart for the warped heater box :mad:
How the Heck did they do that, not even in the area for the e-boot! That is just a snap ring.

Last edited:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I used to not care about things like these "scuffs". I pretty much kept everything until it no longer ran (except my '72 FJ40). But now that I'm looking to get a couple of hundred from my 2005 Scion xA, I wish I had been a bit better on keeping it clean (LOL, I say this but loaded the back of it with brush last fall for the dumpā€”maybe I need a pickup!). =p

Those little scuffs add up for trade-in/resale, so if they bug you, get them taken care of now.

Either way, enjoy your truck!

wood.jpg

OP
OP
that408guy

that408guy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Seems some people on here are quick to judge others and fling insults left and right. Wonder if this is typical on other automotive forums.. Back on topic, I agree it's good idea taking before after pics to cover ye ol arse hole for proof
Yeah, very odd for this to get to that point. But hey, my issue is resolved so its a win lol.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Hi Eric,

Short answer is the dealer is responsible, but it is tough to prove they did this vs you did it... A good dealer will take care if it but it seems good dealers are becoming a real rarity.

Good luck...

Best,
Phil
Agree Phil ā€¦ few major dealers here are acting bad towards not only sales and markups but the service side as well.

ā€¦ scratches, no washes, comes back dirtier than it went inā€¦ high wait times etc ā€¦

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
OMG WOW that little smudge has got your panties in a wad? :giggle: