Is everyone else's insurance skyrocketing too?

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I know it's inflation. I just wonder how across the board it is. I live in the middle of nowhere and even last year I was told "rates have gone up in your area". Going to shop around again but usually it's no better at other companies. Or change my deductible and then change it back after I get in a crash.

Since I bought the truck mine went from $278 to $374 to $439 and now $510 per 6 months. No accidents or tickets.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Um, I just might hate you - mine is $1,516 - no tickets, no claims, married, old enough to remember watching the original Lost in Space.

Marpater

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Consulting
Um, I just might hate you - mine is $1,516 - no tickets, no claims, married, old enough to remember watching the original Lost in Space.
Bout the same here in Michigan, but we are higher than anywhere else in the country from what I understand as we still have unlimited life time disability coverage which costs $189 per vehicle insured which is sent to the state of MI so they can mismanage that to......

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
I wonder if MO is doing something like WA right now? Many of us in WA are seeing our insurance rates go up because our insurance commissioner announced a temporary rule that banned insurance companies from using a person's credit scores when setting up rates. There is a lawsuit pending and the rule has been stayed but some insurance companies are still jacking up rates. Go figure.

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah mine has been low. But it's been consistent for many years, then in 2020 just started jumping.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I know it's inflation. I just wonder how across the board it is. I live in the middle of nowhere and even last year I was told "rates have gone up in your area". Going to shop around again but usually it's no better at other companies. Or change my deductible and then change it back after I get in a crash.

Since I bought the truck mine went from $278 to $374 to $439 and now $510 per 6 months. No accidents or tickets.
I do not know on my insurance. All I know is that USAA is the cheapest Auto Insurance I have ever had. My first wife had 4 accidents within 6 months and our insurance only went up about $75/month.

My advise is if you have served in the Military, please ring USAA and get a quote.

However, with inflation sky-rocketing, it only makes sense that the insurance rates would have to increase as well in order to pay for the increased cost of replacement parts. Also keep in mind that not only are you basically paying for yourself, but also others who may not be as good/safe driver as you.

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
20+ years with GEICO, ticket and accident free. Two cars and the house. Just got a notification my rates went down by $86 on the Ranger for hitting 8000 days with them. Now pay $479 every six months. When I register up in Idaho this spring it should drop about 30% like it did with the F150. Much cheaper up there.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow Duke that's seems pretty high. I have full coverage, full replacement value and zero deductible on my glass and mine is $975.00 a year through Travelers. You really need to come back to AZ! :D:tumbleweed:

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
20+ years with GEICO, ticket and accident free. Two cars and the house. Just got a notification my rates went down by $86 on the Ranger for hitting 8000 days with them. Now pay $479 every six months. When I register up in Idaho this spring it should drop about 30% like it did with the F150. Much cheaper up there.
Until the Californians ruin it. ? ? ?
I'm thinking about being one of the Washingtonians that ruin it. ???
ID, NV or AZ. can't quite decide. but you better bet I'll ruin it! ???

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Until the Californians ruin it. ? ? ?
I'm thinking about being one of the Washingtonians that ruin it. ???
ID, NV or AZ. can't quite decide. but you better bet I'll ruin it! ???
?
No more room here!
Sorry We're Full.jpg

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not know on my insurance. All I know is that USAA is the cheapest Auto Insurance I have ever had. My first wife had 4 accidents within 6 months and our insurance only went up about $75/month.

My advise is if you have served in the Military, please ring USAA and get a quote.

However, with inflation sky-rocketing, it only makes sense that the insurance rates would have to increase as well in order to pay for the increased cost of replacement parts. Also keep in mind that not only are you basically paying for yourself, but also others who may not be as good/safe driver as you.
Yeah that is a good point too. It's all connected.

I wonder if MO is doing something like WA right now? Many of us in WA are seeing our insurance rates go up because our insurance commissioner announced a temporary rule that banned insurance companies from using a person's credit scores when setting up rates. There is a lawsuit pending and the rule has been stayed but some insurance companies are still jacking up rates. Go figure.
Nothing here like that yet. Insurance rates discriminate against people who don't pay their insurance bill, haven't heard that one before.

Kino

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat, '21 BS BL, '18 GC, '74 Ghia
Occupation
Chair Warmer

USAA insurance on two of my vehicles has gone down just a bit, the Grand Cherokee about $200. One went up about $30. Another about $20. Pretty steady on the rates over the past year or so.