First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So I recently installed some IPF 968 Driving lights on the Pathfinder last weekend. I have had these sitting on the shelf for a few months now and finally was able to mount them. Currently they are wired to only come on when the High Beams are on(there is a good reason I promise).

For those wondering IPF is a Japanese Lighting Company that makes the lights for ARB. They also sell the same lights under their own name for that same price.

I will have some pictures up soon as well so please be patient.

Now of course this is still on the Pathfinder since I don't have the Ranger anymore (but it doesn't mean you won't find it useful). My main goal with these lights were simply for extra lighting where the headlights were not shining. Thankfully I got just that. I have more width with the lights. As for down road, I would say it is equivalent to the headlights(these are also an IPF 5x7 H4 with 80/110 watt Halogen lights). The bulbs being used are simply a H3 55 watt but the housing for the light has a gold lense!! The lense helps with light not wanting to bounce back in Rain, Snow and Fog.

The recent test was on the street by my house while it was raining pretty good. I wasn't able to see the rain in the path of the lights. The High Beams by themselves will show the light, but the Driving Lights took that away.

Now why did I hook them up to only turn on with the High Beams? As I said before these are bright!! Even though it's only a 55 watt light it will shine well!! A lot of it comes down to the reflector design. If I had them turn on at any time I can promise there would be issues with blinding others and myself not wanting to turn the High Beams on.

How.much did these lights cost me? Surprisingly I only paid just over $160.

Why Halogen and not LED? I have learned that Halogen will help my own eyes vs an LED light and there is more options for bulbs in the Halogen realm compared to LED. Also for the old Pathfinder these are more Era correct.

Should you buy them? That is up to you. I think it's worth the price. You might not
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
These are just a general deal but these are the lights I have that I speak of. The pattern represented is accurate to what it does

968size.jpg

S-9681.jpg

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For more perspective here are the lights installed. I would give pictures of the output, but the phone doesn't do a great job of that. With that said driving at night is real nice with these!!

IMG_20230915_202355500_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230915_202402423.jpg
Sponsored