Internal Light ideas for bed cover (to be)

WVmanowar

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not a truck
So, I've done enough research to narrow a bed cover down to the Diamondback HD. I plan to order the 13 inch bin to carry gloves, eye pro, ratchet straps, and hunting gear) and a low profile cab guard (to prevent top load from hitting the rear window).

Ideas:
Internal Lights
I saw a topper with a rope light inside and thought that would be a great feature, but I'm not electrically inclined and not sure how to introduce power into the bed. Is there a solution other than battery operated stick-up lights? I'd need it by the cab access and tail gate access, so maybe the battery operated lights are the only option.

External Lights
I'm thinking that the low profile cab guard would be a good spot for external lights, but.... wiring is an issue. I've seen some of the cube lights

Figured I'd keep the outside color black (LineX) and limit stickers to back window.
Any other functional ideas? ...or ideas on how to incorporate lights.
Sponsored

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
If you look in my build thread, I added some cheap Amazon LED strip lights to the under sides of my tonneau cover rails. I wired them to the cargo light so that any time the cargo light is on, so are the LEDs in the box.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
I've bought the wiring pigtail for the in-bed power plug and used Forscan to increase the "on time" of the power. Gives an easy power source to work with.

Have momentary off switches to mount to my Diamondback to power lights whenever the front or back lids are open. "Tilt" switches would also work.

Still working on a power lock solution for the Diamondback. Plan on tying the locks to the tailgate lock.
Sponsored