First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Teacher
Has anyone experienced their interior door lock and unlock buttons going completely dead? Neither driver side nor passenger side buttons do anything. I have to use my key to unlock doors. I had the dealer check the electrical, and they said everything was fine. I messed with the lock settings in the computer to see if thst fixed it, but nothing. I know I've used them in the past, now they just don't do anything. Any ideas? Thank you much appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rangerdanger33
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Teacher
Dealer said everything is fine even though they clearly do not work??
Dealer said everything is fine even though they clearly do not work??
Sure did so before I go back there and have them look at this again I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in the settings of the computer.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Do the rear door lock switches work? Seems highly unlikely they would all go bad at once, probably an underlying cause.

OP
OP
Rangerdanger33
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Teacher
Do the rear door lock switches work? Seems highly unlikely they would all go bad at once, probably an underlying cause.
none are working at all. I have the setting to unlock all doors when I push the unlock on my key and that works fine, but when I'm in the truck and it's running I can't do anythinf w the locks unless I use the key. Craziest thing I have no clue.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
none are working at all. I have the setting to unlock all doors when I push the unlock on my key and that works fine, but when I'm in the truck and it's running I can't do anythinf w the locks unless I use the key. Craziest thing I have no clue.
Does the light under the locked switch light up when the doors are locked? If not, then they're not getting power. I had my door panel off at some point and didn't get the switch fully seated and this was the case for me.

OP
OP
Rangerdanger33
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Teacher
Does the light under the locked switch light up when the doors are locked? If not, then they're not getting power. I had my door panel off at some point and didn't get the switch fully seated and this was the case for me.
They will go back and forth between lit and not lit but even when lit up they are not working.

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
You've mentioned checking computer settings several times. Have you made changes in forscan?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jared, just a thought. On my previous F-150 I had to push many of the fuses into place as they weren't properly seated from the factory. There were a lot of 150's like that. Maybe that will the culprit. If not, I would make the service writer at your dealer sit with you in the truck, and show them. That way they can't come back with the dreaded "operating normally". If they won't do that, I would take it to another dealer if you have one close by. Good luck.

OP
OP
Rangerdanger33
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Teacher
Jared, just a thought. On my previous F-150 I had to push many of the fuses into place as they weren't properly seated from the factory. There were a lot of 150's like that. Maybe that will the culprit. If not, I would make the service writer at your dealer sit with you in the truck, and show them. That way they can't come back with the dreaded "operating normally". If they won't do that, I would take it to another dealer if you have one close by. Good luck.
Good ide
I will check that out maybe that is the problem. Thank you!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Good ide

I will check that out maybe that is the problem. Thank you!
Just push down on them. If they aren't seated you can feel them slip into place. There were at least a half dozen in my previous F-150.

If that's not the problem, and they work on and off, I would bet the farm they you have a loose connection or a pinch somewhere in that section of the wiring.

Fingers crossed my friend. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rangerdanger33
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Teacher
Ye
Just push down on them. If they aren't seated you can feel them slip into place. There were at least a half dozen in my previous F-150.

If that's not the problem, and they work on and off, I would bet the farm they you have a loose connection or a pinch somewhere in that section of the wiring.

Fingers crossed my friend. :thumbsup:
Yeah i think I have to take it back and show them. No loose fuses or anything. I appreciate the help man!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO