First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Field Service Engineer
OK so this is old hat for most of ya'll. I felt compelled to post as I recently remarked about the "Honeymoon is over" regarding some dislikes about my '21 Ranger XLT 4 x 4.

Shortly after I bought the truck (1.5 months ago) I got FORScan and disabled Auto Stop-Start. There were several items I also wanted to do and finally decided to move forward with it.

This morning I changed the Splash screen to "Ford Performance" (The Cobra logo has resonated with me since a child in the 70s).
Performed the ABS Bleed procedure with Fluid change although I didn't actually touch the hydraulic system.
Finally turned on Bambi mode so my Fog lights stay on with Brights.

I know there are dozens and dozens of additional things to tweak but these were on my short list.

SPECIAL THANKS to all the people who produced and support FORScan and all the people on this forum who share their knowledge and tips. Been part of many forums since the advent of the internet and this one is the best IMHO.

Craig
Sponsored

OP
OP
Craigmri

Craigmri

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Field Service Engineer
I bought the USB/OBDII device for my laptop, but haven't downloaded Foreskin yet. Is it difficult or confusing? I'm concerned I'll mess something up.
Just watch a few youtube videos and you will get it if you are computer saavy....One tip I will offer is dont touch any "As Built" files. While some guys do, I think its too easy to screw something up especially if you dont have a back-up file.

Craig

Allesky00

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
I&E Tech
I just tried my hand at ForScan myself to perform the ABS bleed, change my 12v power sockets to stay on 15 minutes instead of 75, and was going to disable the fake engine sound. I found out that the engine sound was disabled already, but I was able to change everything else through the GUI. VERY impressed, and glad to hear I'm not the only one with that impression!

OP
OP
Craigmri

Craigmri

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Field Service Engineer
I just tried my hand at ForScan myself to perform the ABS bleed, change my 12v power sockets to stay on 15 minutes instead of 75, and was going to disable the fake engine sound. I found out that the engine sound was disabled already, but I was able to change everything else through the GUI. VERY impressed, and glad to hear I'm not the only one with that impression!

Which module is the fake engine sound in? Is it are enable/disable or are there selections for sounds?

Craig

Allesky00

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
I&E Tech
Which module is the fake engine sound in? Is it are enable/disable or are there selections for sounds?

Craig
I couldn't tell you off the top of my head. I found it all in the FORScan Crowdsourced Wiki on this forum. (link here) they list quite a few useful mods; I'll definitely be playing with it more in the coming days.

OP
OP
Craigmri

Craigmri

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Field Service Engineer
I couldn't tell you off the top of my head. I found it all in the FORScan Crowdsourced Wiki on this forum. (link here) they list quite a few useful mods; I'll definitely be playing with it more in the coming days.
I think its in the ACM.

Craig

GearHd6

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
What cable is everyone getting that works with Forscan? Or is there a thread on here with all that info?

OP
OP
Craigmri

Craigmri

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Field Service Engineer
What cable is everyone getting that works with Forscan? Or is there a thread on here with all that info?
I got the ELM327 on Amazon.....Was like $22 Make sure the one you get has the toggle switch.

GearHd6

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
I like the one for $50 that the Forscan site recommends. It seems that they're not supporting the one with the toggle switch anymore. I don't have my 22 Ranger yet so I'll probably wait to purchase one just in case something changes between now and then.

OP
OP
Craigmri

Craigmri

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Field Service Engineer
OP
OP
Craigmri

Craigmri

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Field Service Engineer
I like the one for $50 that the Forscan site recommends. It seems that they're not supporting the one with the toggle switch anymore. I don't have my 22 Ranger yet so I'll probably wait to purchase one just in case something changes between now and then.
Interesting.....Anyhow, I performed all the changes with mine without issue. I wonder if they changed the download recently as I downloaded FORScan about a month ago.

Craig

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I bought the USB/OBDII device for my laptop, but haven't downloaded Foreskin yet. Is it difficult or confusing? I'm concerned I'll mess something up.
I think I read somewhere if you collect 200 of them you can exchange for the Ford Performance Pack.
Sponsored