Ideas and Option for Auxiliary Driving Lights?

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
I have some JW Speak Trail 6 lights mounted in the same spot and I have ACC. They have not caused any issues for me and I do use ACC quite a bit.

pictures ???
Sponsored

Baja Designs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Baja Designs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado H.D.

Blueoval26

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2000 F-350, 1984 CJ7
Occupation
Firefighter
You rang? Hehe.

How can I help? It looks like you are the right track :)
I’m looking at the Baja Designs Fog light kit as well as the Squadron Grill kit. Is there a discount code? Thanks, Kenny

Baja Designs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Baja Designs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado H.D.
I’m looking at the Baja Designs Fog light kit as well as the Squadron Grill kit. Is there a discount code? Thanks, Kenny
Yes indeed. If you enter the promo code "BDforums" at checkout you will receive 10% off your order.

Pirate

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Bush Pilot
Yes indeed. If you enter the promo code "BDforums" at checkout you will receive 10% off your order.
Welp, looks like I'm pulling the trigger on those beautiful S1 pods.........now time to find the lowest profile ditch light mount.

RunBeerFish

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Substation Electrician

RunBeerFish

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Substation Electrician
I have some JW Speak Trail 6 lights mounted in the same spot and I have ACC. They have not caused any issues for me and I do use ACC quite a bit.
Any pics? I want do do the same. What about mounting brackes?

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger
Any pics? I want do do the same. What about mounting brackes?
I just used the mounting brackets and bolts that came with JW Speaker lights. I removed the plastic clips in the bumper and used the existing holes. I do plan on making some brackets to center the lights. But that will be a project for another day.

6AE829B8-F1D8-4B59-AECE-7CBDD7B06F6C.jpeg

Deleted member 1634

How about the SSC2's? What mounting hardware did you use for those?
Same as @JetEngr19 above, I just used the mounting brackets and hardware that came with the lights. Removed the plastic clips and just put the bolts through instead. No drilling or special brackets required. About as easy and non-intrusive as it gets.

Also, if anyone is concerned about interfering with the Adaptive Cruise Control radar box, you could always mount the lights further outboard. There are another set of holes near the edge of the opening. I'm debating whether to move mine to those holes anyways, even though I don't have ACC.

ranger-rick-roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Same as @JetEngr19 above, I just used the mounting brackets and hardware that came with the lights. Removed the plastic clips and just put the bolts through instead. No drilling or special brackets required. About as easy and non-intrusive as it gets.

Also, if anyone is concerned about interfering with the Adaptive Cruise Control radar box, you could always mount the lights further outboard. There are another set of holes near the edge of the opening. I'm debating whether to move mine to those holes anyways, even though I don't have ACC.
That’s for the SSC2’s? Which ones specifically did you order? And it came with the mounting bolts/hardware necessary. The link provided above has a ton of options and I’m overwhelmed lol

Deleted member 1634

That’s for the SSC2’s? Which ones specifically did you order? And it came with the mounting bolts/hardware necessary. The link provided above has a ton of options and I’m overwhelmed lol
I went with the standard Sport model in white, SAE fog beam pattern with amber backlighting. If I did it again, I might go with the Pro model, just to get that extra brightness, but the more I use the Sports the more I find them to be perfectly acceptable for the price they are. They get the job done.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-2-sae-dot-white-sport-standard-led-pod-pair.html

And yes, they include the pods, wiring pigtails (which I didn't use), and mounting brackets with hardware.

1618513088786.png

I also purchased the 3-way harness and switch, that way I had full control over the dual functionality. I don't have any other aux switches in my truck, and even if I did they are usually only 2-way (on/off) switches. And since these lights have 3 settings (amber/off/white), you either need to wire either the white or amber setting to an existing wire (like whites to the high beams or amber to the parking lights) or not use the backlight function, which was one of the selling factors of these lights for me.

1618513157858.png

Let me know if you have any other questions!

steig

First Name
Steig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Engineer

Is that box in center just for adaptive cruise, or is it also used for pre-collision , Lane keeping assist , etc?

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have ACC, and if so, have these given you any issues?
The ACC would be in the opening between them and wouldn't be effected. Even with the various lower valiance inserts directly in front of it, the ACC still works. It needs to be directly obstructed in order to have issues.
Sponsored