Ideas and Option for Auxiliary Driving Lights?

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Besides headlamps and foglamps, what are your ideas - installs for high performance auxiliary lighting?

The Baja Designs Squadron Sport Dual beam lamps mounted in my Cherokees bumper are great. They are way brighter than my Hella H4 Ecode 65 watt high beams. The white crisp light is super functional on dark mountain roads and trails.

Looking for a high function bright compact system for my Lariat Tremor... Does not have to be street compliant.

Ideas??
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deleted member 1634

I have a pair of the Diode Dynamics SSc2, which have the backlight feature. Mine are in amber and, though they're not wired in to my DRLs directly, I do have them setup to basically be on amber mode when not on white mode. The beauty of these, and a major priority for me, is that they have a road legal beam pattern. I don't do much, if any, off-roading in the dark, but I do do a lot of backwoods rural driving in the dark. So having something I could legally use on the road to see all the critters was important.

White
img_20210123_134431687_hdr-jpg.jpg

Amber
img_20210123_134658321-jpg.jpg

Hank the Tank

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Housing Case Manager, Full-time student
Vehicle Showcase
I have a pair of the Diode Dynamics SSc2, which have the backlight feature. Mine are in amber and, though they're not wired in to my DRLs directly, I do have them setup to basically be on amber mode when not on white mode. The beauty of these, and a major priority for me, is that they have a road legal beam pattern. I don't do much, if any, off-roading in the dark, but I do do a lot of backwoods rural driving in the dark. So having something I could legally use on the road to see all the critters was important.

White

Amber
Do you have ACC, and if so, have these given you any issues?

OP
OP
bentroia

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics

White

Amber
How do those DD lamps perform compared to your factory high beams low beams and f

What is the model number?

Deleted member 1634

Do you have ACC, and if so, have these given you any issues?
I don't have ACC, no. I'd imagine where they are might affect it, not sure though. But you could also mount them further outboard in that same lower grille slot. Much like some of the pods in OPs idea post earlier. I might end up doing that anyways. Especially if I end up getting a hidden winch in the stock bumper.

Deleted member 1634

How do those DD lamps perform compared to your factory high beams low beams and f

What is the model number?
I still have the stock halogen lows and highs. Had LED highs for awhile which were nice, but gave those bulbs to my wife for her Escape and wanted to wait on getting replacements in case I decide to go with the Alpha Rex headlight housings. I've swapped my fogs for dual color LED bulbs, which are great by the way. I got the sport model pods, which are the lowest output. They're about as bright as my swapped fogs, but in hindsight I'd probably go with the pro model pods for a bit more output.

The link is attached as a hyperlink in my original post, but I'll add it here as well anyways: https://www.diodedynamics.com/off-road-auxiliary-led/led-pods/ssc2.html

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
How does your set up compare to your factory high beams and low beams?
I can't really give a great answer to that. I replaced my low beams with led before. The fog lights are great with the led low and halogen high beams. The bar is fairly new so I haven't used to too much. I can tell you it's plenty bright. Have a trip next weekend where it will get some use

Hank the Tank

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Housing Case Manager, Full-time student
Vehicle Showcase
I have some JW Speak Trail 6 lights mounted in the same spot and I have ACC. They have not caused any issues for me and I do use ACC quite a bit.
Awesome. Thanks for the info ?

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Probably a completely different path than most but I plan on swapping the OEM fog lights with a Canadian Polaris Slingshot headlight kit.

Will keep an OEM look with a much further throw of light.

OP
OP
bentroia

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Besides headlamps and foglamps, what are your ideas - installs for high performance auxiliary lighting?

The Baja Designs Squadron Sport Dual beam lamps mounted in my Cherokees bumper are great. They are way brighter than my Hella H4 Ecode 65 watt high beams. The white crisp light is super functional on dark mountain roads and trails.

Looking for a high function bright compact system for my Lariat Tremor... Does not have to be street compliant.

Ideas??

@Baja Designs ??