Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
All that before 8am?
Some in the morning walking the dog. Then a round of golf in the afternoon walking up and down hills. Then came home and walked my girl again.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Some in the morning walking the dog. Then a round of golf in the afternoon walking up and down hills. Then came home and walked my girl again.
So this was not all today?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Walking, or if your want to making it sound better, hiking. But since I have ongoing hamstring issues, I am limited.
Walking/hiking are considered to be some of the best all-around exercises. I used to walk (really liked it and the benefit of it) and do stair-climbs with a weighted backpack as part of the legwork routine in my workout program. But dropped those two to substitute with cycling because I was not getting enough time on the bike. I have a two-story home and intentionally use the stairs as often as possible. I have arthritis in my knees and those three exercises relieve it. Doe's walking/hiking help improve your hamstring issue?

Home Gym with accessories - 1.jpg

Behind bike (view 1).jpg

Stairs.jpg

Last edited:

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Walking/hiking are considered to be some of the best all-around exercises. I used to walk (really liked it and the benefit of it) along with stair climbs and a backpack as part of the legwork exercises in my workout program. But dropped those to substitute with cycling because I was not getting in enough of it. I have arthritis in my knees and these three exercises relieve it. Doe's walking/hiking help improve your hamstring issue?
Not really, I just need to exercise somehow. I used to run a lot, but that really aggravated said hamstring. Doctor said I should not run for a while because it's too hard on it. When it warms up some, I will probably break out the bike. Some of the trails around here are really beautiful and some have some nice hills and obstacles to increase the workout.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I get mine biking, we have miles and miles of bike trails, I can get 30 miles in and never pass the same spot twice. Can't run due to bad bad knee, can't take the pounding, but biking doesn't bother it. I like to keep my weight right at 180/185, at 6'2" its perfect, same weight as when I retired 17 years ago. Once you retire you have to stay off the couch and move.
Sponsored