I’m thinking of a 6 speed manual. Thoughts?

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
The easiest/cheapest way would likely be to just buy a vehicle with a manual. You might be able to do a swap from a Bronco, and might after a long and intensive set of work setup either a Bronco ECU/TCU to work with the Ranger, or get the Ranger ECU/TCU to work like a Bronco manual, but neither is going to be cheap, and it means you have a vehicle that won't have much if any resale.
Or buy a manual Bronco and do a body swap, might be easier.
Sponsored

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
so if any of you guys were on the svtp forum a while back, one of the guys swapped a 6 speed tremec on his lightning, used some parts from the manual f150s to get it to work, and since some f150s had the option, some cutouts/bolts were there to make it work.

However, it was a metric asston of work for him to get it right, and once he got it right, he would get an issue every so often and decided it wasnt worth it anymore and switched back.

Now that was a modded super charged 5.4 with power and globs of tq.
The 2.3 is a stout engine but its heavily helped in peppiness by the 10spd, comin from a 4 spd auto in my L, its crazy how nice that thing will keep you in the power band. You may all the sudden think its a good bit slower or sluggish unless you throw in a lower gear ratio.

Then theres the fun of getting a custon driveshaft and meshing that up right, and if 4x4 the tcase situated.

Best of luck if you did it, as it would be insanely awesome.

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
so if any of you guys were on the svtp forum a while back, one of the guys swapped a 6 speed tremec on his lightning, used some parts from the manual f150s to get it to work, and since some f150s had the option, some cutouts/bolts were there to make it work.

However, it was a metric asston of work for him to get it right, and once he got it right, he would get an issue every so often and decided it wasnt worth it anymore and switched back.

Now that was a modded super charged 5.4 with power and globs of tq.
The 2.3 is a stout engine but its heavily helped in peppiness by the 10spd, comin from a 4 spd auto in my L, its crazy how nice that thing will keep you in the power band. You may all the sudden think its a good bit slower or sluggish unless you throw in a lower gear ratio.

Then theres the fun of getting a custon driveshaft and meshing that up right, and if 4x4 the tcase situated.

Best of luck if you did it, as it would be insanely awesome.
Also forgot to mention, my dad and i just went through what shouldve been an easy process of swapping a stock 5spd for a 6spd tremec and it took forever to work out errors and kinks. If that was hard i cant imagine this, but then again im not the most mechanically inclined in that area.

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
MARTY, MAYBE GO BACK TO THE FUTURE AND BUY A DELOREAN ....
1686248176189.png

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Stubborn just costs more money. While you’re at it put a V8 in too.
There's an Aussie tuner that does Coyote swapped raptors. Expensive, but doable!

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
Would be easier/cheaper/cooler to make a manual bronco pickup.
Sponsored