HOW TO REGISTER YOUR TIRES FOR RECALL NOTIFICATIONS WHEN YOU PURCHASE THEM FROM A PRIVATE PARTY

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Hey guys, maybe some of you, like me, upgraded or bought tires from an individual (private party) instead of a dealer. I wanted to have recall notifications sent to me from my tire Manufacturer without having to go online occasionally to check the status.

I contacted a Manager at the TIRE INDUSTRY REGISTRATION CENTER (CIMS) and he confirmed that the following procedure is correct for registering your tires as an individual:

Go to www.registermytires.com

A page will open showing the following information below. Don’t click on any of the three Dealer links, but search for the brand of tires you purchased and open that link. If your brand doesn’t appear in the listing on this page, click on the link at the bottom of this page and it will take you to a link showing your tire manufacturer. For example, my tires are BFG’s, so I clicked the link at the bottom and it took me to their link which appeared after scrolling down a bit.

CONSUMER TIRE REGISTRATION

If you're a tire consumer and have purchased a "tire brand" listed below, OR purchased a tire from a "dealer" listed below, please visit the appropriate link to register your tires online. You should've received a completed tire registration form from the selling dealer. If you did not receive a form, please return to the selling dealer and request one.

AMERICA'S TIRE

DISCOUNT TIRE

DISCOUNT TIRE DIRECT

Advanta

Atturo

BCT

Carlisle

Continental

Delinte

Dextero

ECED
Ecovision

Federal

General

GT Radial

Hemisphere

Hero

Hi-Run

Landsail

Longmarch

Pantera

Pinnacle

Primewell

Roadone

Runway

Sentury

SuperCargo
Synergy

If your tire brand is not listed above, visit U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA) to register additional tire brands.

I opened the BFGOODRICH link and a form appeared to fill out:

Next: Enter your contact information:

After you finish the above, fill out this information: Enter your dealer information: (But do not use any Dealer information, instead insert your Name, Address and the following information that applies to yourself). This is permissible and your personal information will be accepted.

Next: Enter the DOT codes from your tires:

You might need to check both sides of your tires for the complete DOT Code. For instance, my BFG’s are mounted with the black sides out and only part of the DOT Code is stamped on this side (the last 4 numbers which is the date is not stamped on this side). I had to look on the inside of my tires where the white lettering appears and was able to get the full DOT Code which includes the date. Do not enter the letters DOT but only the full Code that follows it. Also, do no enter the spaces when you enter the Code.

COMPLETE the information on this page and if you have entered everything correctly,
you will see a check mark with a notification following that mail will be sent to you which
will confirm your registration. I received an email immediately confirming my registration:
1624990467103.jpeg

I hope this has been helpful!

1624977707477.png
Sponsored

Last edited: