how to get new keys made if you don't have a key code that supposedly comes with the keys when new.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
I think this is it, maybe. They were attached to the 2nd key fob.
Thanks Tom!
I have the lower one, but not the upper. The back side of mine has a sticker with what may be the key code or its the inventory #, a bar code of this number, and the VIN.
The number in question is T999999 (letter T with 6 digits) is your key code in this format?

Advertisement

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Thanks Tom!
I have the lower one, but not the upper. The back side of mine has a sticker with what may be the key code or its the inventory #, a bar code of this number, and the VIN.
The number in question is T999999 (letter T with 6 digits) is your key code in this format?
No, nothing like that. The top label I posted has a 5 digit code and a bar code. That 5 digit code doesn't match anything on the bottom label. The bottom label has a 6 digit code on top (2 letters, 4 digits), and an 8 digit code on the bottom (2 I mean 3 letters, and 5 digits). On the back is a QR code, and a 12 alpha-numeric code, like this xxxx-yyyyyy-zz. None of the codes on the labels appear to match up with the other.

ADDED: Oh, the 8 digit code on the front bottom of the 2nd label matched the last 8 digits of the VIN.

Last edited:
OP

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
So I went to my local locksmith. He cut me two keys. Sunny keys that open the doors and stuff but wont start it for 10$ total. He also gave me my keycode and he got it off the original key he said. Lol. He did in 8 minutes what my Ford dealer still can't do. He also said he would make me a fob key and program for 10$ if I provide the fob. 40$ on Amazon.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
So I went to my local locksmith. He cut me two keys. Sunny keys that open the doors and stuff but wont start it for 10$ total. He also gave me my keycode and he got it off the original key he said. Lol. He did in 8 minutes what my Ford dealer still can't do. He also said he would make me a fob key and program for 10$ if I provide the fob. 40$ on Amazon.
Thanks Bill
I need to see if any locksmiths around me still exist!
Phil did say you could read the key code off the key. I didn't follow how to do it, but I would hope a locksmith would!
There is a non-remote key availabe that will start your truck, needs to be programed to truck also.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Bill
I need to see if any locksmiths around me still exist!
Phil did say you could read the key code off the key. I didn't follow how to do it, but I would hope a locksmith would!
There is a non-remote key availabe that will start your truck, needs to be programed to truck also.
Hi Mike,

Yes...there are 5 unique Triangular notch depths numbered 1 through with 5 being the deepest as I recall. and each key has 5 notch locations.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Rangerguy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCrew
I did not know about the key code. Thanks guys! Just secured it from the spare key tag the dealer gave me.

Whitemtncruiser

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
A competent locksmith can make you a fully functional key/fob without the code. My local Ford dealership wanted $225 +$50 programming fee for a key for my 2019 Ranger. A locksmith charged $175 for the same service.

Advertisement

Advertisement