How ridiculous is it that you STILL can't build and price a 2021 Ranger on Ford's website in January 2021???

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
I mean, the 2020 has been out of production for a couple months, the 2021 has been in production for nearly a month and still, only the 2020 on their website. Does Ford really want to turn off potential customers this much? I know I can build it on edmunds.com, but that doesn't show you what it's going to look like, or allow you to actually see the difference when you add/subtract an option and see all different angles of it.

Come on, Ford. There are people that want to throw their money at you!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I mean, the 2020 has been out of production for a couple months, the 2021 has been in production for nearly a month and still, only the 2020 on their website. Does Ford really want to turn off potential customers this much? I know I can build it on edmunds.com, but that doesn't show you what it's going to look like, or allow you to actually see the difference when you add/subtract an option and see all different angles of it.

Ford is really messing up lately. The had a horrendous launch with the 2020 Explorer and now multiple delays with the Bronco not to mention the absolute terrible B&P. The prices were all messed up for months then they "fixed it" right before Christmas only to have more mistakes. They fixed those mistake and now when You add your options/extras it totals them into the msrp instead of the options line in the summery. :facepalm:

There have been many people cancelling their Bronco orders because of this mess. This has been in the works since 2004 so you'd think they'd have it perfected by now. Order banks open up on the 19th and they still don't have close to all of the 200 accessories available yet, more like 15. Now the website is a mess with the Ranger. They really need to hire a better web designer.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Ford is really messing up lately. The had a horrendous launch with the 2020 Explorer and now multiple delays with the Bronco not to mention the absolute terrible B&P. The prices were all messed up for months then they "fixed it" right before Christmas only to have more mistakes. They fixed those mistake and now when You add your options/extras it totals them into the msrp instead of the options line in the summery. :facepalm:

There have been many people cancelling their Bronco orders because of this mess. This has been in the works since 2004 so you'd think they'd have it perfected by now. Order banks open up on the 19th and they still don't have close to all of the 200 accessories available yet, more like 15. Now the website is a mess with the Ranger. They really need to hire a better web designer.
There is just no way to defend that. How can a company that large fail this badly at something that people use to buy their product? The Ranger is simply last year's Ranger with a couple new options and one really desirable package. It seriously shouldn't take a team a couple of days to do that!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
There is just no way to defend that. How can a company that large fail this badly at something that people use to buy their product? The Ranger is simply last year's Ranger with a couple new options and one really desirable package. It seriously shouldn't take a team a couple of days to do that!
Honestly a good IT team should be able to do it in a few hours (maybe a day) since there were so few changes. Can you imagine what it's going to be like when they do a complete new gen Ranger? :shock: If it's anything like the Bronco you'll be pulling your hair out!

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
It’s mind over matter. Ford’s priorities define what matters. This doesn’t matter. I really don’t believe they will lose customers. Sure, some people will get butt hurt but it won’t matter.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It’s mind over matter. Ford’s priorities define what matters. This doesn’t matter. I really don’t believe they will lose customers. Sure, some people will get butt hurt but it won’t matter.
They might feel they won't lose customers but unfortunately, it can never be shown/proven to them. They'll sell every one that they build but how much they have to pay people in incentives will be the indicator. I know it's just an inconvenience for me (and the others) but it's just not a first-class way of doing business.

And, for the record, I actually HAVE taken my business elsewhere over this very issue. We were longtime Hyundai/Kia drivers and they botched the launch of their next generation Tuscon SO badly, followed up by the incompetence over the Santa Cruz pickup truck, we went with Subaru instead.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
They might feel they won't lose customers but unfortunately, it can never be shown/proven to them. They'll sell every one that they build but how much they have to pay people in incentives will be the indicator. I know it's just an inconvenience for me (and the others) but it's just not a first-class way of doing business.

And, for the record, I actually HAVE taken my business elsewhere over this very issue. We were longtime Hyundai/Kia drivers and they botched the launch of their next generation Tuscon SO badly, followed up by the incompetence over the Santa Cruz pickup truck, we went with Subaru instead.
I can see Covid playing a big part in the supply chain and that's understandable. But the messed up B&P across the board is not. Jeep has a lot of incentives right now and some canceled their Bronco reservations and went out and bought the Rubicon. At some point they will feel it and have to get their shit together because there is more and more competition out there now. Wonder if they'll mess up the launch of the Tremor? :surprised:

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
I’m guessing Ford has put the F150 first and everything else a distant second. In my search for my ranger I can’t tell you how many times I was encouraged to look at an F150, which I was then currently driving. I ended up driving 200 miles away to get the ranger. I am curious how the dealerships feel about Fords support for non F150 vehicles.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’m guessing Ford has put the F150 first and everything else a distant second. In my search for my ranger I can’t tell you how many times I was encouraged to look at an F150, which I was then currently driving. I ended up driving 200 miles away to get the ranger. I am curious how the dealerships feel about Fords support for non F150 vehicles.
True this. When I bought my Ranger it was one of three on the lot surrounded by F-150s.

OP
OP
TimmyB

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The 150 is a nonstarter for me. This vehicle will be my toad behind the motorhome and the weight of even the smallest 150 is too much.

The good thing for me is my lease on the Explorer doesn't expire until June so I'm not under any time pressure. Yet. My fear is that everything gets pushed back so far that I can't get what I want by June.

Bertbronco

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Occupation
Sales
I disagree I'm starting to shop other trucks

Reactions: EJH

Bertbronco

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Occupation
Sales

I thought the same thing. Its not just Ranger but a lot of the 2020 product. The minute you can no longer order the current year they should have the new year up. Maybe the search Inventory says Search 2020 and Build your own Says 2021. Its not like they dont know when their build dates stop and new ones start.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah, I thought it was very strange that, here we are approaching mid-January 2021, and nothing but 2020 Rangers on Build & Price. In my case, I have no plans to buy in 2021, but I would still like to put stuff together on the site just for fun and future reference, particularly the Tremor, which is likely to be my next Ranger (unless they really do bring the Ranger Raptor over)....

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
I disagree I'm starting to shop other trucks
I seriously doubt that anybody who truly likes the current Ranger platform will be swayed because Ford doesn't have an app. I bought the Ranger because if it's offroad capabilities, it's legroom, it's mileage and it fits in my garage without a shoe horn. I'll be spending years behind it's steering wheel and I did my homework before it's purchase. The app would have been convenient but hardly a deal breaker.
Sponsored