How many of you already have dings?

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Got my first one yesterday pulled up to the gas pump opened the door and the wind was blowing so hard and slammed it into a concrete post got a small crease in it, needless to say cuss words were flying.
Same thing nearly happened to me . . . once. Now I either pull further forward or stay out away from obstacles.
Sponsored

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Almost a year in... door dings galore(ball bags at work drive junkers and don't care) tail gate has a few dents(inside and out) from loading stuff, that lame wind damn thing hanging down from bumper got hit in the cold and exploded, that's now gone for good. I want FX4 skid plate anyway...so if anybody near me wants to sell.... the bed has bunch of good size dents. you think almighty Ford would make that steel just a hair thicker. in the end it's a truck,, it gets used like a truck and works great for the truck stuff I need it for

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Almost a year in... door dings galore(ball bags at work drive junkers and don't care) tail gate has a few dents(inside and out) from loading stuff, that lame wind damn thing hanging down from bumper got hit in the cold and exploded, that's now gone for good. I want FX4 skid plate anyway...so if anybody near me wants to sell.... the bed has bunch of good size dents. you think almighty Ford would make that steel just a hair thicker. in the end it's a truck,, it gets used like a truck and works great for the truck stuff I need it for
589fab sells a really nice set of skid plates. They are pricy though...

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
My truck has 700 miles on it. Ceramic coated and garage kept.

Looked at the hood yesterday, and there are two very fine dings on the front of the hood where the closing mechanism is under the metal. Makes me kind of curious if this is a widespread issue, but I haven't seen any others to verify.

At least make me feel better, lol.
26k miles. My only ding is a nice one on the tailgate. No clue how it got there.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Had my truck for three weeks and hit a turkey on my way home from work. 2" crease in the leading edge of the hood. My cousin owns a used car lot and gave me the number of his paintless dent removal guy. Turkeys do not fly very high or fast.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Lookin in my bed yesterday and the scratches were all over the place. Massive amounts of them too! :angry: I'm scratching my head wondering where they all came from. I let it go because for the life of me couldn't figure it out. Then later on it dawned on me. Open bed and a New England snow storm. You drive around and eventually it sloshes back and forth in the bed. At some point it packs pretty hard and you got to drop the turd. Well that's what scratched the hell out of my bed! It's ok though, less prep work for bed spray liner and then the MX4 top.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve noticed little dime size minor divots on the pickup passenger side only seen in just the right light from the side but they’re there. Aluminum

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Had my truck for three weeks and hit a turkey on my way home from work. 2" crease in the leading edge of the hood. My cousin owns a used car lot and gave me the number of his paintless dent removal guy. Turkeys do not fly very high or fast.
I have a little ding on my tailgate. Some assbag in a local parkin lot.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
This vehicle has the thinnest cheapest paint around. At least the aluminum panels are made from good ipa beers, i hope. Worst bed ever, weed eaters, gas cans, tools make easy work of the cheap bed. Tail gate full of scratches too. Paint chips off the hood and front just driving down the road. Already have dents in the bed, Still love this truck and wouldnt trade it for a coupe deville. Mabe a 250 with the 7.3 Godzilla windsor engine!! Bought it with 24 miles. It is a pick up!

20210425_144105.jpg

20210425_144128.jpg

20210425_144158.jpg

20210425_144226.jpg

20210425_144246.jpg

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
This vehicle has the thinnest cheapest paint around. At least the aluminum panels are made from good ipa beers, i hope. Worst bed ever, weed eaters, gas cans, tools make easy work of the cheap bed. Tail gate full of scratches too. Paint chips off the hood and front just driving down the road. Already have dents in the bed, Still love this truck and wouldnt trade it for a coupe deville. Mabe a 250 with the 7.3 Godzilla windsor engine!! Bought it with 24 miles. It is a pick up!

20210425_144105.jpg

20210425_144128.jpg

20210425_144158.jpg

20210425_144226.jpg

20210425_144246.jpg
Must be the blue. Hehe. I dont have any chips. Hell not even in the bed after numerous firewood hauls.

my last truck's bed was far worse as far as chips go. I've been impressed with the durability of the paint on mine.
Sponsored