Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
How Many Have Saggy Leather Seats?
I find this to be a rather personal question. At my advanced age, I will admit to some lack of tautness. And, while not "soft as a baby's" and not as supple as it once was, I don't think it qualifies as leathery.

OP
OP

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
I find this to be a rather personal question. At my advanced age, I will admit to some lack of tautness. And, while not "soft as a baby's" and not as supple as it once was, I don't think it qualifies as leathery.
I wondered shortly after I posted how long it would take for someone to have fun with the title. LoL. I am sure happy for you that yours is not leathery yet.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
At 11,684 miles on my seat w/ my 300# body/frame, I feel my seat is holding up very well.
No noticeable sag or wear.
Don't have many passengers so no other wear and tear on other seats to note.

IMG_6766.jpg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
:LOL:

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
It can’t be an issue with the cushions or those of us with the premium cloth would see these issues too, no? Mine are still very taut.
upload_2019-12-19_15-0-36.jpeg

OP
OP

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have a similar issue too... Built in March/April, ~6k miles.

Very interested to hear what you're told rdgallo.

QO9xkmfUMjdZfKrYEsW67b6gLpu_nzuIltVVYENbN3cKwaePQwODwAC_UpAPdcikyjUvDSOj_W0tSfREM=w1442-h1082-no.jpg
I talked with Ford Customer Care this afternoon. The lady I talked with said she was contacting my local dealer's service manager and would get back to me. Later today she called and said they would replace the entire leather seat covers on both the driver's side and the passenger side bucket seats. The service manager then called and told me he has ordered the seat covers and would call me when they come in. My concern here is if the factory is installing these poor quality covers, what are my odds of getting good ones to replace these? I guess I will have to wait to get an answer to that.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I talked with Ford Customer Care this afternoon. The lady I talked with said she was contacting my local dealer's service manager and would get back to me. Later today she called and said they would replace the entire leather seat covers on both the driver's side and the passenger side bucket seats. The service manager then called and told me he has ordered the seat covers and would call me when the come in. My concern here is if the factory is installing these poor quality covers, what are my odds of getting good ones to replace these? I guess I will have to wait to get an answer to that.
At least Ford is doing the right thing by getting you new seat covers,hopefully they come in looking better than these. If the new ones are just as bad I would just keep rejecting them until you get an exceptible set. Worse case if the new set looks bad maybe they can send them out to a local shop and have them fitted the right way:question: Good Luck!

OP
OP

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
At least Ford is doing the right thing by getting you new seat covers,hopefully they come in looking better than these. If the new ones are just as bad I would just keep rejecting them until you get an exceptible set. Worse case if the new set looks bad maybe they can send them out to a local shop and have them fitted the right way:question: Good Luck!
Yes, I thought it great that they were willing to address my issue without a bunch of BS.

OP
OP

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
At 11,684 miles on my seat w/ my 300# body/frame, I feel my seat is holding up very well.
No noticeable sag or wear.
Don't have many passengers so no other wear and tear on other seats to note.

IMG_6766.jpg
I would be very happy if mine looked that good after some use. Thanks for the information!

RONR11

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranget
I have the basic xl cloth and the seat is breaking down already with 7500 miles. Waiting for first oil change before talking to Ford.

OP
OP

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have the basic xl cloth and the seat is breaking down already with 7500 miles. Waiting for first oil change before talking to Ford.
Sounds like Ford has a problem that is larger than just the seat covers. You would think the design and robustness of the seats would be a very important part in the design/quality of the vehicle. My seats and others I have seen on the internet should never have been allowed out of the plant. Apparently there is no final inspection or the standards of an inspection are pretty low. By the way, I love this little truck. It is quite an enjoyable ride. I am just dissappointed in the seat quality. Sorry to hear your seat is breaking down already.

NAndrews33

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a picture, but my stone colored seats are slightly baggy - nothing I really would have noticed if not for this post.
Same with my drivers seat. It's nothing to complain about and I don't have passengers enough so I can't tell if it's just from normal sitting down on the chair. Mine was built December 2018.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Nick and others,

Drat...my former Vehicle Engineering engineer that moved to Seat Comford just retired, so mi inside contact to seating is now happily retired and unavailable to provide any info on Ranger....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

NAndrews33

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Nick and others,

Drat...my former Vehicle Engineering engineer that moved to Seat Comford just retired, so mi inside contact to seating is now happily retired and unavailable to provide any info on Ranger....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks for the info Phil! My seat is hardly noticeable and only on the portion of the seat where your rear end sits on. It's not really bubbly. Nothing I can complain about. I suppose on the bright side that I have more play in my seat to reduce the possibility of ripping?
Sponsored