Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Fx4, 2014 KTM 500 EXC
Vehicle Showcase
I have the factory runners on my rig. They saved my right passenger door from a pretty bad scratch/ding when I unknowingly turned too sharp near some piled up snow (ICE). The plastic runners held up amazingly well to that horrendous sound of ice scraping them. Also, for those with the factory running boards, does anyone else have any paint chipping off the front of the brackets that mount the runners to the under-body? I have done a fair amount of off-road driving with the truck and I already have significant rock chip damage on the two rear most mounts :facepalm:
Sponsored

todorakiggg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Wildtrak 2.0 biturbo
I use them every time I get in and out of the truck.
It is just more convenient if you use them.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
or are they just for aesthetics... I m looking to get these when back in stock. 6.6" of protection. Currently, the wife's CRV door hits the stock running boards before the truck body by only 1/2" Would like to extend that to 2". I use the Running boards to enter and exit saving wear and tear dragging my ass across the bolster and seat sides. The wider the better.

Love these..But sold out....

https://www.tygerauto.com/i-50468-t...textured-black-side-step-rails-nerf-bars.html

screenshot-www.tygerauto.com-2020.01.18-12_33_31.png

I like those and have been looking at those for a while but have not pulled the plug yet. I like the RB-20 but yea they are expensive.
My issues is I bought some lower priced running boards before and in two years they were rusting.
They have a 5 year warranty but not a finish warranty and that is why I am hesitant.

Are they steel or aluminum?

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I like those and have been looking at those for a while but have not pulled the plug yet. I like the RB-20 but yea they are expensive.
My issues is I bought some lower priced running boards before and in two years they were rusting.
They have a 5 year warranty but not a finish warranty and that is why I am hesitant.

Are they steel or aluminum?
I believe they are steel with a thick powder coat and Line X type material.

You might want to ask somebody who drives their truck more especially up north where it snows. I never had anything rust here in South Carolina. the OEM floorboards I took off Where cheap cheap cheap made. Really tell the difference when you put on a good set of Running boards. Also the way it's fastened to the brackets ...........cheap. These are pretty heavy and go on pretty easy.

.01.30-15_04_17.png

Last edited:

Cali_Ranger

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX
I purchased/installed the Ford OEM running boards. They are not anything special but decently priced compared to what some other running boards cost. I noticed I was smashing the side bolster of the seat every time I get out of the truck so they are definitely helping with that.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
RB20 as well. I looked at the RB10 but the angular looks of the RB20 are more my style. I use them about 50/50, and my wife uses them every time. Her best friend also uses them as they are all of 5'2", but I've also noticed my friends using them as well. We're all relatively tall at 6'
Have not noticed any chips or wear on the underside from rocks, but here in SC I'm not too worried about rust. When we drove to NY, I'll be rinsing thoroughly. Of note though, my dog has scratched the top surface getting in and out the back seat; 75lb bully mix

IMG_20200125_123020.jpg

07XLT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ranger XLT 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Any opinions on step style vs flat or just personal preference at that point? I just worry the defined step may not naturally fall where you want to step.
Rhino-steps-flat.png

Rhino-steps.png

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I keep passing this thread up but I use mine all the time, wife loves them, 92 yr old Dad loves them too.
I also find them very helpful when cleaning the windshield.

I like that they are a flat surface to stand on or to set stuff on like the lug nuts. I would not like them if they were not flat.
I have the factory running boards btw.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
I have the Ford chrome running boards. I only use them for getting out of the truck, but not to get in.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I have the ford step bars and use them for getting in but not getting out. Wife uses them both ways.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
I picked a set up from Amazon. Don't really use them myself, but they're great for the grandkids. I do like the look though.

MaxMate Premium Custom Fit 2019-2020 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Cab Black 5'' Oval Bend End Side Step Rails Nerf Bars Running Boards (2pcs with Mounting Bracket Kit)
20200309_185437.jpg