BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
My wife had no interest in driving it. Said it was "too big". But she had to drive it at the end of December when we moved our youngest into her apartment because I was driving the UHaul. Turns out, she didn't mind it after all, but won't make a habit of it. So, after almost 5 months, someone else drove my Ranger.
Sponsored

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
let my SO drive it the final 2 hours home after I had been driving for 20 hours after we just got it during a road trip, worst mistake ever she drove it like a bat out of hell she has been banned from driving it ?

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I'd let my wife drive it if she really needed to but I don't really want her to drive it if I'm honest.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Whoever made up the survey, you need another box to check, one that reads, "over my dead body!" I don't ask to drive other people's vehicles, and I do not let anybody drive my truck.

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
I bought mine last September. since then the only person to drive it has been the service technician when it had the 5000 mile service done. my wife has no interest in driving my truck & I like it that way. :rockon:

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
We bought it together, it's under her name. My sport car, that was different but at 6 yrs old, I don't care anymore.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Had mine over a year and my wife still hasn't driven it.

Both my sons and many friends have but she won't drive it "until I scratch or dent it first".

It's not like I'm OCD about it, she just knows I really like it.

scubasteve278

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
Whenever my wife and I go somewhere, its usually a race to see who can get to the drivers seat first. If she works earlier then me, its not uncommon to go outside and find that she has left her car for me to drive to work :LOL: .
Story time, I owned a 2012 Tundra TRD offroad with a few expensive upgrades. Bought new in 2012 and babied it as far as maintenance goes, but the truck did get used hard on forest service roads for mountain biking access. In August of last year, my friend was injured and offered to be the shuttle driver for the day. On the VERY FIRST RUN, we get to the bottom and hes not there. He calls me and tells me we have a major problem. Turns out, he did $8000 worth of damage and it would need a new engine, he cracked the engine block along with alot of other engine damage. How it happened? couldnt tell you for sure, but he is notorious for driving vehicles hard and ive got a strong suspicion that he was driving it like a trophy truck on his way down the mountain. That is how I ended up with my Ranger. Dont let your idiot friends drive your pride and joy, pick and choose wisely only those that you know will respect your stuff

scubasteve278

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
What the hell? How's your relationship with your friend these days?
Its hard to describe haha, he was a good friend for a long time and I like to think that maybe it was just extremely bad luck, and being that he didnt openly admit to driving it hard I cant really go too far with it. He did pay for the $500 tow bill to get it back to town so thats why I strongly suspect that he was driving it the way he is notorious for driving other vehicles. Needless to say, he will never be given the keys to the ranger or any of my other equipment again. Its a shame because most of my friend group are all respectable of others stuff but that incident sort of spoiled it for everyone.

ParkerAzJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ranger 2019 Ranger
I consider my wife to be an excellent driver so she has free reign to drive it anytime she wants. With that said she's only driven it twice in the 9 months we've had it. She prefers her 17 Explorer because it's easier to haul the grandkids.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Its hard to describe haha, he was a good friend for a long time and I like to think that maybe it was just extremely bad luck, and being that he didnt openly admit to driving it hard I cant really go too far with it. He did pay for the $500 tow bill to get it back to town so thats why I strongly suspect that he was driving it the way he is notorious for driving other vehicles. Needless to say, he will never be given the keys to the ranger or any of my other equipment again. Its a shame because most of my friend group are all respectable of others stuff but that incident sort of spoiled it for everyone.
This is precisely the reason why I do not drive other people's vehicles, and do not allow anybody else to drive mine. In case of accident or error, it is not just the material that is damaged but also the relationships. You can fix a damaged vehicle, most of the time, anyway, but you only lose trust once....

scubasteve278

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
This is precisely the reason why I do not drive other people's vehicles, and do not allow anybody else to drive mine. In case of accident or error, it is not just the material that is damaged but also the relationships. You can fix a damaged vehicle, most of the time, anyway, but you only lose trust once....
Very well said. I think its one thing for an actual accident to happen, but a totally different scenario when you manage to crack an engine block in half hour of driving. That to me does not go hand in hand with driving it as its intended to be driven. The craziest thing was, it stall ran and sounded fine. It just smoked like it was its day job. Lesson learned for me though, and the supercab version of the Ranger doesn't lend itself to the idea of hauling 5 guys and bikes around anymore, which in my mind is a good thing!

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
I bought mine last September. since then the only person to drive it has been the service technician when it had the 5000 mile service done. my wife has no interest in driving my truck & I like it that way. :rockon:
Same here...except I'm over a year now.
Sponsored