First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
If you dont want to mess with forscan or keep the revs high all the time, you can unplug the sensor on the negative battery terminal, ASS is no more.

And I am pretty sure that is how anyone with a pocket rocket (non SI, type R, hot hatch version) thinks they look and how they end up looking going up against a ranger. Before I looked into getting one I had no idea they could pull the 1/4 mile as fast as they do stock.

I figured 16s at best (and I live at 2 feet above sea level...)

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
his Auto start stop activated and he nearly got rear ended.
the only reasonable explanation
The farm truck in that video is one of the vehicles that races on the Street Outlaws tv show. It is a brutal race vehicle made to look like an old truck.

A friend of mine had an 80s Dodge Caravan with a built 2.2 turbo in it. He would embarrass all the 5.0 Mustangs, Corvettes and Camaros back in the 80s at the Friday night test and tune at the local drag strip.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I got to put a kid in his V6 2WD Colorado to shame the other day with my wimpy 4 cylinder 4WD Ranger. We were leaving town at 35 MPH when he decided to pass so he had a jump on me. I shifted into sport mode and left him behind.

He wasn't too happy to get dusted by an old man in a Ranger. ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
What kind of mouth breather films a drag race at a strip and doesn't end the shot like so?

images.jpeg

I'm genuinely interested to see what Farm Truck put down.

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Hahaha Exactly!

The other night on a quiet damp road adjascent to my hood, i did a massive burnout in my Tremor. With back axle locked and a slight brake stand the motor screamed and spun those General Grabbers visciously for about 200 feet..

IT WAS GNARLY

Last edited:

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase

tremorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Can we put an end to auto stop start, I hate it.
I bought the autostop eliminator, works perfect and stay disabled without having to press the button every time I start the truck. Haven't even thought about it since I installed it. Extremely easy install. Was well worth the $60 or whatever I paid for it. Ford should design it this way standard

VTRanger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT SuperCrew
I bought the autostop eliminator, works perfect and stay disabled without having to press the button every time I start the truck. Haven't even thought about it since I installed it. Extremely easy install. Was well worth the $60 or whatever I paid for it. Ford should design it this way standard
I didn't know they made such a thing, will look into it now.

EDIT: Just watched the install video on their website, looks so simple. Thanks man!

VTRanger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT SuperCrew
I like my autostop, just have to make sure it is active for over 10 seconds or it actually defeats its purpose.

Edit, I live in traffic.
I could definitely see the usefulness if you sit in a lot of stop and go traffic. The only time I stop is at quick lights or stop signs, and the delay is really annoying when you just stop for a second.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
That was the first thing I did to the Ranger and I have one on my wife's 21 Jeep too.

The thing I like about it is the auto start/stop stays fully functional if you ever wind up in a situation that you want to use it. You just turn it back on with the switch.

My guess the reason they have it reset to ON each time you start the vehicle is the EPA wouldn't give Ford credit on the corporate fuel mileage requirements unless it functioned that way.
Sponsored