How is towing with '19 Ranger vs Tundra?

patsfan2312

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra 1794
Hello all,

I've recently been interested in trading into a smaller truck. A little backstory. A few months ago my girlfriend and I bought a house together and now live together. I went from daily driving my Toyota Tundra to now we only ever take her car anywhere (we work together, so we ride to work together). Nowadays, my truck just sits in the basement and the only times we drive it is when we are towing our side by side to go trail riding, usually a couple times a month. Since I drive it so little, it's kinda hard for me to justify the payments, when I could get a Ranger that should be able to do the same job and payments would be about 2/3 what they are now. I'm looking at a pretty good deal for a plain little XLT 4x4 SuperCab with tow package.

So, if I trade for the Ranger, the only times the truck will be driven is when towing. Our usual trips are about 80-90 miles of mostly interstate at about 70 mph. So my question is this: how will the Ranger do towing about 3500ish pounds all the time? I know the towing capacity is 7500, so I should be fine, right?

Anyone out there use their Ranger mainly for towing? Any overheating issues or other reliability issues or concerns?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
I regularly tow a car trailer weighing 4800lbs. On the highway, it’s zero issues at any speed. I tow a camper with the similar weight, and you certainly feel the wind resistance behind you