How best to transport Mini Bike in Truck Bed?

Psykostevo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I recently purchased a Coleman Mini Bike to do some light trail riding around the desert.

I’m new to hauling stuff in the bed of a truck, and I am curious how to best transport something like that so that it doesn’t tip over while driving it to the trailhead.

Thanks!
Sponsored

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
You can try the dirt bike method... two tie downs on the handlebars, front wheel up against front of bed.

Here is a decent video:

There are a few pics of my dirt bikes tied down in the rangers hauling stuff thread.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
What size wheels are that? The Harbor Freight front wheel chock is adjustable down to 12" (and up to 21" for dirt bikes) and has some loops for ties to keep it vertical. You don't even have to tie it to anything in the truck, just roll it in, 2 straps and done. I use one for my Z125 mini. Very stable.

harbor-freight-us-general-front-wheel-stand.jpg

Even if it didn't have enough adjustability for smaller wheels than that, just drill 2 more holes for smaller wheels.

tbirdz12

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
What Rooster said... drive bike into bed. attach both tie downs to handlebars, compress front shock if it has one and cinch up straps. Helpful to lean bike to one side a bit when doing that side, then when u straighten up the bike to do the other side, there's plenty of compression going on so straps don't have any slack when u hit bumps.
Sponsored