First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport
Occupation
Areospace
I placed an order for a Aeroskin II hood protector from AVS about 3 weeks ago. Their website stated "Please allow 2-5 business days to build & ship your order". (https://www.autoventshade.com/aeroskin-ii/2020/ford/ranger) This Friday it will have been 15 business days since I placed my order and I have heard nothing from them.
Last week I emailed them to see what the reason was for the delay. I have heard nothing from them to this day. On Monday I sent them another email asking them to refund my money. Still have not heard anything from AVS. I sent them another email tonight asking for an update and again to refund my money.
Guess my next step in to contact my credit card company to start a claim and try and get a refund to my credit card.

Has anyone had bad dealings with AVS in the past? I just wanted to let this forum know about AVS not shipping or even contacting me about my order.
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just curious, in this day and age, why is anyone ordering directly from manufacturers instead of Amazon IF available on said website?

Average of 2-3 days from purchase to delivery at door

Streamlined Tracking

No questions asked 30 day return policy cost free returns and in most cases you don't have to package the item back up. Drop it off at a UPS center and let them scan the return code from your phone.

Almost always better pricing (manufacturers still love to, for whatever reason, list products at their determined MSRP instead of "street price" as they say)

I ordered some AVS wind deflectors on Amazon and had them at my door 3 days later.

I even had to return a huge 8' ARB Awning due to the first one arriving with a rip in the canvas bag. Amazon shipped the replacement to me in a few days before I even returned the damaged one to the UPS store like 2 weeks later.

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
I'm just curious, in this day and age, why is anyone ordering directly from manufacturers instead of Amazon IF available on said website?

Average of 2-3 days from purchase to delivery at door

Streamlined Tracking

No questions asked 30 day return policy cost free returns and in most cases you don't have to package the item back up. Drop it off at a UPS center and let them scan the return code from your phone.

Almost always better pricing (manufacturers still love to, for whatever reason, list products at their determined MSRP instead of "street price" as they say)

I ordered some AVS wind deflectors on Amazon and had them at my door 3 days later.

I even had to return a huge 8' ARB Awning due to the first one arriving with a rip in the canvas bag. Amazon shipped the replacement to me in a few days before I even returned the damaged one to the UPS store like 2 weeks later.
I just ordered mine from either Levittown or the like with no issues

OP
OP
SBCSD

SBCSD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport
Occupation
Areospace
I just ordered mine from either Levittown or the like with no issues
Normally I do go through Amazon but at the time I placed the order it was twice as much through Amazon so I just ordered it on AVS's website.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I ordered my AVS Bug Deflector through autoanything.com because they had the best price and there were no shipping delays. I called AVS directly several times for tech support help and got reliable service. Maybe your can get a better response by phone. I've found that with a lot of organizations are very slow with email follow ups :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I ordered my AVS Bug Deflector through autoanything.com because they had the best price and there were no shipping delays. I called AVS directly several times for tech support help and got reliable service. Maybe your can get a better response by phone. I've found that with a lot of organizations are very slow with email follow ups :)
I do the same thing Paul and find email response is usually very slow. Although lately it seems like every place I call customer service there's a recording saying "we're experiencing longer than expected wait times". I've been trying to call my local gas company (non emergency) and no matter when I try there's always a 90 minute wait time. What I need can not be done through email either.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I do the same thing Paul and find email response is usually very slow. Although lately it seems like every place I call customer service there's a recording saying "we're experiencing longer than expected wait times". I've been trying to call my local gas company (non emergency) and no matter when I try there's always a 90 minute wait time. What I need can not be done through email either.
Your right Dave, many organizations still have a reference to "Covid 19" on their phone menus to try and stall you. When I call the Banks, have to use the "is your credit card lost or stolen" selection to get through. My experience has been that the company's who really care and are customer oriented will make a provision for you to get through within a reasonable time. For instance, I called the TIRE INDUSTRY REGISTRATION CENTER several times to get the information for the post I did on "How to register your tires for recall notifications...: HOW TO REGISTER YOUR TIRES FOR RECALL NOTIFICATIONS WHEN YOU PURCHASE THEM FROM A PRIVATE PARTY | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com
I was expecting the typical bureaucratic procedure, but a manager on a direct line answered the calls within a minute so I gave him a big compliment for the outstanding customer service! :)

Last edited:

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Indeed. I almost never buy directly from a manufacturer unless I am forced to. Resellers, even Ebay, force manufacturers into maintaining a higher standard of service and shipping. Even if it's cheaper direct it's probably not worth it.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I placed an order for a Aeroskin II hood protector from AVS about 3 weeks ago. Their website stated "Please allow 2-5 business days to build & ship your order". (https://www.autoventshade.com/aeroskin-ii/2020/ford/ranger) This Friday it will have been 15 business days since I placed my order and I have heard nothing from them.
Last week I emailed them to see what the reason was for the delay. I have heard nothing from them to this day. On Monday I sent them another email asking them to refund my money. Still have not heard anything from AVS. I sent them another email tonight asking for an update and again to refund my money.
Guess my next step in to contact my credit card company to start a claim and try and get a refund to my credit card.

Has anyone had bad dealings with AVS in the past? I just wanted to let this forum know about AVS not shipping or even contacting me about my order.
Did you call them? We're finding some companies have stopped responding to emails and the only way to contact them is by dialing their customer service number.

We're having an issue with the Bestop soft top on our Jeep, an issue with a Breville coffee machine and some questions related to MSI LVT Flooring... The only way to reach these companies has been via telephone. Probably due to spambots sending spam related emails.

Everything old is new again. USPS has also turned back into the Pony Express... "in these troubling times"..

Good luck!

Last edited:

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I recently ordered the original Aeroskin directly from AVS and did not have any issues. Shipping was very fast, the box was a little beat up, but the guard was in perfect shape. I have no complaints at all from them, but I did not have any reason to contact them either.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Indeed. I almost never buy directly from a manufacturer unless I am forced to. Resellers, even Ebay, force manufacturers into maintaining a higher standard of service and shipping. Even if it's cheaper direct it's probably not worth it.
Im a long time Amazon devotee, but I’m put off by Amazon’s proprietary delivery service, which is awful in my area. They hire drivers that can’t get hired at UPS Or FedEx. I mean, I’ve had some real knuckle heads. Plus, it seems I have a lot more lost or delayed deliveries with them than ever before. I have begun ordering direct more often so that UPS will be the delivery service. Im finding that Amazon is not usually much cheaper than other outlets any more. I agree that their return policy remains a selling point.

Last edited:

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
We live within 20 miles of a multitude of Amazon distribution centers. Amazon vans drive down our street multiple times a day. I can't recall ever having trouble getting credit or a fix for a incomplete order. They do push when it comes to sales but I can't complain about their execution.

OP
OP
SBCSD

SBCSD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport
Occupation
Areospace
Did you call them? We're finding some companies have stopped responding to emails and the only way to contact them is by dialing their customer service number.

We're having an issue with the Bestop soft top on our Jeep, an issue with a Breville coffee machine and some questions related to MSI LVT Flooring... The only way to reach these companies has been via telephone. Probably due to spambots sending spam related emails.

Everything old is new again. USPS has also turned back into the Pony Express... "in these troubling times"..

Good luck!
Received an email from AVS this morning, 07/01/2021 to let me know that they have canceled and refunded my order.
Hopefully your issues with the companies you mentioned gets resolved soon.