Horatio has come a long way in three (almost 4) years.

Sketch

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Public Affairs
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_8654.JPG
IMG_3619.jpg
IMG_4244.jpg
IMG_4140.jpg
IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_8654.JPG
IMG_3619.jpg
IMG_4244.jpg
IMG_4140.jpg
IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_8654.JPG
IMG_3619.jpg
IMG_4244.jpg
IMG_4140.jpg
IMG_4141.jpg

Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Cant say I am a fan of the camper trailer there. I have never understood how something lile that cam be classified as an OffRoad Camper when it is longer than the vehicle towing it. Also looks like some quat there. Not sure what rear leafs you have but it looks like you may benefit to change them to something different.

OP
OP
Sketch

Sketch

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Public Affairs
Vehicle Showcase
Cant say I am a fan of the camper trailer there. I have never understood how something lile that cam be classified as an OffRoad Camper when it is longer than the vehicle towing it. Also looks like some quat there. Not sure what rear leafs you have but it looks like you may benefit to change them to something different.
I respect your opinion Sir. The truck is 17.5' in overall length, the trailer is 18' 10" long, so not such a big difference (1' 4"). The trailer's loaded weight is roughly the same as the weight of the truck and well within the towing capacity of the Ranger by a factor of -3000# and a 400# tongue weight. I have a Decked system in the truck full of tools and recovery gear as well as the rack so, yes, it may need a rear suspension upgrade but not a severe one. I currently have stock rear leaf springs with Fox 1.0 shocks. The trailer is made in Australia specifically for off-road use, has a swing arm suspension with 2 shocks and HD coil springs on each arm. It is quite capable off-road with zero problems experienced in 6 months of heavy off-road travel. It is a fully safe operating rig, but I will definitely upgrade the truck's rear suspension as money allows.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I respect your opinion Sir. The truck is 17.5' in overall length, the trailer is 18' 10" long, so not such a big difference (1' 4"). The trailer's loaded weight is roughly the same as the weight of the truck and well within the towing capacity of the Ranger by a factor of -3000# and a 400# tongue weight. I have a Decked system in the truck full of tools and recovery gear as well as the rack so, yes, it may need a rear suspension upgrade but not a severe one. I currently have stock rear leaf springs with Fox 1.0 shocks. The trailer is made in Australia specifically for off-road use, has a swing arm suspension with 2 shocks and HD coil springs on each arm. It is quite capable off-road with zero problems experienced in 6 months of heavy off-road travel. It is a fully safe operating rig, but I will definitely upgrade the truck's rear suspension as money allows.
As a guess how much weight do you have in the bed? That including the Rack, decked system and all the other bits normally in there? This can help with giving an opinion on what to consider. Also curious as to the suspension being ran(and i thing you meant 2.0 in the rear?)

OP
OP
Sketch

Sketch

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Public Affairs
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, my bad. Fox 2.0 Stage 1 rear shocks. The Decked system weighs 205 dry and I have probably 100# stored in it. The rack has a dry weight of 150#. Add the fuel, water and tools on the rack and we have close to 100#. So, total weight in the bed is roughly 500# give or take a few.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, my bad. Fox 2.0 Stage 1 rear shocks. The Decked system weighs 205 dry and I have probably 100# stored in it. The rack has a dry weight of 150#. Add the fuel, water and tools on the rack and we have close to 100#. So, total weight in the bed is roughly 500# give or take a few.
Adding up the numbers I would say it is closer to 550. Add the toung weight and you are at 950 ish. If you are not planning to lift the truck I say get the Deaver HD Springs. APG is runnig a sale on them now as we speak. If you would like to lift the truck I would suggest the Old Man EMU Lift with the Medium Load Leaf Springs. Whether you decide to go with Nitrocharger or BP-51 Shocks is up to you and your bank account. That is my input there

OP
OP
Sketch

Sketch

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Public Affairs
Vehicle Showcase
Adding up the numbers I would say it is closer to 550. Add the toung weight and you are at 950 ish. If you are not planning to lift the truck I say get the Deaver HD Springs. APG is runnig a sale on them now as we speak. If you would like to lift the truck I would suggest the Old Man EMU Lift with the Medium Load Leaf Springs. Whether you decide to go with Nitrocharger or BP-51 Shocks is up to you and your bank account. That is my input there
Thank you. I appreciate the input!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
What's the tongue weight on your trailer?

550 lbs of constant load in the rear plus 350 pounds for two adults, plus camping gear, and you've only got about 400 lbs worth of payload to count towards tongue weight.

OP
OP
Sketch

Sketch

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Public Affairs