First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I was reading something wrong on the site I believe , the box for 499 comes with 1 custom tune , correct? Because there's another spot that's says custom tunes 249... I just want a shift tune ...
The $249 price is if you already have the hand held device. I did and I just paid the $249 for the tune file.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I really only want one tune and no preformance my flawed reasoning being if something goes bad down the road under warranty Ford couldn't say a made a race truck out of it ... no low rpms in "D" is all I'm wanting , ...no , not wanting , GETTING ! Ima bout to march in there and DEMAND about 1K to get this truck mo better,

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I really only want one tune and no preformance my flawed reasoning being if something goes bad down the road under warranty Ford couldn't say a made a race truck out of it ... no low rpms in "D" is all I'm wanting , ...no , not wanting , GETTING ! Ima bout to march in there and DEMAND about 1K to get this truck mo better,
Then get the Ford Performance Tune….. Squirrel!

Larevo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rander FX4
Occupation
Knifemaker
I'm new to the Ranger but, previously had a 3.5l f150 with tunes from Unleashed and others. Unleashed had the smoothest most usable power delivery out of the others I tried. I traded my F150 for a 19 Ranger last week and the 1st thing I did was purchase a tune from Unleashed for it.... I filled up the tank with 93, installed the tune about 2 days ago and it has really brought the 2.3l alive... I don't miss the 3.5l one bit.... the 2.3l is a really impressive engine especially after the tune.... you can't go wrong imo with the Unleashed tunes...

19_XLT_Sabre

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Ranger
Occupation
Law
I’ve ran SSI and Unleashed on my 13’ 3.5L Ecoboost.

Torrie makes a polished tune that never caused an issue. Shawn makes insanely strong tunes, that you need to understand.

Thinking Unleashed “Tow safe 91 OctaneTune”

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
After reading this and several other threads about tunes on here. I decided to go with Torrie at unleashed, it has taken a few revisions but all I can say is WOW! I was very disappointed in this truck upon purchasing as the hesitation almost put an end to me and the truck on the way home from the dealership with it. But with Torrie's magic and a gibson cat back I'm now in love with my lil truck. Got to say kudos to Torrie at unleashed.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Questions. I apologize in advance, there will be a "few."

I've had a couple of custom tuned vehicles in the distant past. Both tuned with a combination of dyno and road tuning. Both modified from mildly to heavily.

I've never used a "canned" or "remote" tune and have waited quite a while to get a tune on my truck. I was planning to use a local tuner that I've used in the past and the HPtuners hardware as he is a dealer for them. I've come to the conclusion that the time, effort and money to do so on an otherwise stock truck is not something I'm probably going to do.

So, after 36k miles I'm planning on finally getting my truck tuned. And I'm going with unleashed.

Planning on the BDX device with 3 tunes. I see no need for the pack, although it might not be a bad idea to get new plugs in due to my mileage. From my experience with the truck I believe your shift logic is exactly what I want, Matt. I live in Colorado, our "premium" is 91, and the truck always gets premium. Thinking I'll go with 91 Performance, 91 Tow, and E50.

How does one ask to get the shift logic you and Torrie developed together included in their tunes? Is it as simple as asking for the TORQUERULES special?

And how does the tweaking of tunes work with Unleashed? I assume I can start with the "standard" shift logic and then ask for the changes you guys developed at a later date if I'd like to try both?

How does Unleashed handle upgrades? If I make changes in the future like intake/exhaust/IC is it as simple as telling them the changes made, sending in some data logs, and installing the revised tune?

Thanks for any help. I realize that going direct to Unleashed would answer all my questions. But I like to get the customers perspective first.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
And how does the tweaking of tunes work with Unleashed? I assume I can start with the "standard" shift logic and then ask for the changes you guys developed at a later date if I'd like to try both?

How does Unleashed handle upgrades? If I make changes in the future like intake/exhaust/IC is it as simple as telling them the changes made, sending in some data logs, and installing the revised tune?

Thanks for any help. I realize that going direct to Unleashed would answer all my questions. But I like to get the customers perspective first.
When I took the FP tune off my Ranger I was not happy with the stock shift logic. I had used Unleashed to tune my 15 Mustang so I decided to get Torrie to do a tune for my Ranger (already owned the SCT device so I was only ordering the tune files). I sent him a detail description of how I wanted the transmission to shift.

He sent me a 87 and 91 performance tunes with the revised shift logic. I installed the 87 performance tune and drove the truck for a couple of weeks and sent him an email with some changes I wanted. He sent an updated tune. It took a total of three revisions to the original tune for him to get the shift logic dialed in the way I wanted it.

Note: Torrie is a man of few words. I can send him a two page email and all I get back is try this or here you go. He responds so fast (less than hour in most cases) that you wonder if he really did anything but every tune I have received from him addressed my request.

I have been using the 87 performance tune for about 5 or 6k miles now and even though gas prices are coming back to where they were when I took the FP tune off I will not be going back to the FP tune or use the 91 tune I had gotten from Unleashed.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Questions. I apologize in advance, there will be a "few."

I've had a couple of custom tuned vehicles in the distant past. Both tuned with a combination of dyno and road tuning. Both modified from mildly to heavily.

I've never used a "canned" or "remote" tune and have waited quite a while to get a tune on my truck. I was planning to use a local tuner that I've used in the past and the HPtuners hardware as he is a dealer for them. I've come to the conclusion that the time, effort and money to do so on an otherwise stock truck is not something I'm probably going to do.

So, after 36k miles I'm planning on finally getting my truck tuned. And I'm going with unleashed.

Planning on the BDX device with 3 tunes. I see no need for the pack, although it might not be a bad idea to get new plugs in due to my mileage. From my experience with the truck I believe your shift logic is exactly what I want, Matt. I live in Colorado, our "premium" is 91, and the truck always gets premium. Thinking I'll go with 91 Performance, 91 Tow, and E50.

How does one ask to get the shift logic you and Torrie developed together included in their tunes? Is it as simple as asking for the TORQUERULES special?

Torrie has done a bunch of changes for me and doesn't bill me but I always send him a couple buck via PayPal for his time.

You will not be disappointed with Unleashed! I have tried many tuners and UL is the absolute best in my opinion. His standard 93 octane tune is just awesome the way it is. I am currently a tune he did for Torquerules with a minor change....love it!

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Revisions?.......We don't need revision with our Livernois tunes. Let me know how things are going when ya'll hit 90K..... :wink:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Revisions?.......We don't need revision with our Livernois tunes. Let me know how things are going when ya'll hit 90K..... :wink:
Mark, hold on minute there buddy. :stop: Livernois actually just had a revision for the 91-93 soft shift tune a few months back. :shock::wink: You can have them send you the updated one, I never did as I'm happy with mine as is.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I'm pretty sure there's a couple threads on here JUST on Livernois revisions.

I had 153k on my UL Tuned Focus ST when I sold it 3 years ago....as far as I know it's still going and still tuned. :thumbsup:

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
The revisions are based on customer requests .:rockon:
That seems dangerous to me....Livernois doesn't do that for good reason.....IMHO as always

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Mark, hold on minute there buddy. :stop: Livernois actually just had a revision for the 91-93 soft shift tune a few months back. :shock::wink: You can have them send you the updated one, I never did as I'm happy with mine as is.
Yes Brother Dave....1 revision, but not customer requested revisions. I'm not sure what was revised in the Livernois tune bundle. I did know of that because I too updated. My whole issue is stability with our trucks. You know how stable our Livernois tunes are.....I don't think the same about others. IMHO as always.
btw....I figured this would open up a can of worms......(not really intended)
Sponsored