Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant
Almost got rear ended...so hit up amazon for a hitch step
Double duty cause I'm short.
Couple marks on it so waiting to hear back from em but otherwise I dig it.
Not sure if I'd trust it if I was heavier though.
Screenshot_20200715-213339_Amazon Shopping.jpg

20200715_155026.jpg
20200715_155031.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BannonJr

BannonJr

First Name
BANNON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant
It was 72 bucks Canadian... dont need the double step but it was different and cheaper from the standard bully style steps I've always seen so I pulled the triggered for those 2 reasons.

Deleted member 1634

I guess I've never understood why these things would be helpful. They're literally at the same height as the little bumper drop down area near the license plate. Why not just step there instead? You're not saving yourself any effort by stepping on the hitch step than the lower part of the bumper, unless I'm missing something. At least the one OP got has a second lower step, albeit only slightly, to help work your way up to it.

OP
OP
BannonJr

BannonJr

First Name
BANNON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant
My first use is a "getting rear ended guard"
My 2nd use is... if I'm standing on my bumper step with both feet side by each I'm unstable... with this I can put one foot back a bit ... surprisingly useful when adjusting something of weight or lifting something when I cant put the tailgate down.

I.e -when my boat is attached I cant open my tailgate, but...need me a silver bullet...and now everyone wants a silver bullet so I gotta lift the cooler out lol I'm unstable...

And often at my marina I'm parked with my back to the fence..I can squeeze in but cant open my tailgate

Deltasix109

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I guess I've never understood why these things would be helpful. They're literally at the same height as the little bumper drop down area near the license plate. Why not just step there instead? You're not saving yourself any effort by stepping on the hitch step than the lower part of the bumper, unless I'm missing something. At least the one OP got has a second lower step, albeit only slightly, to help work your way up to it.
It comes out a little further, which makes it easier to get good footing on it either when stepping up (minor help) or when stepping out of the bed (major help).

It isn't as slippery as the bumper is when wet, it feels more secure (to me) than standing on the bumper itself, and its something that will get tapped before the bumper does.

Like I said, I'm not short (I'm 6'5"), so a lower step wasn't the primary purchase reason for me.

Deleted member 1634

My first use is a "getting rear ended guard"
My 2nd use is... if I'm standing on my bumper step with both feet side by each I'm unstable... with this I can put one foot back a bit ... surprisingly useful when adjusting something of weight or lifting something when I cant put the tailgate down.

I.e -when my boat is attached I cant open my tailgate, but...need me a silver bullet...and now everyone wants a silver bullet so I gotta lift the cooler out lol I'm unstable...

And often at my marina I'm parked with my back to the fence..I can squeeze in but cant open my tailgate
It comes out a little further, which makes it easier to get good footing on it either when stepping up (minor help) or when stepping out of the bed (major help).

It isn't as slippery as the bumper is when wet, it feels more secure (to me) than standing on the bumper itself, and its something that will get tapped before the bumper does.

Like I said, I'm not short (I'm 6'5"), so a lower step wasn't the primary purchase reason for me.
Interesting. In the end, not something I'll do or need given my activities, but at least an option exists for those who feel they need it. And at least now I know why someone would want one. So thanks for sharing!

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Question. What is the u bolt and additional plate for? What am I missing?

OP
OP
BannonJr

BannonJr

First Name
BANNON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant