Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
0DBDA58F-DE59-4772-B3A7-5E5015E46EDC.jpeg

BAC1864A-5598-48EC-ABB6-06110CBB8792.jpeg

I headed out to chase some rain storms on some smaller rivers this weekend. Unfortunately the rains didn’t bring as much flow to the natural creeks as they were predicting but I did get to test the tent out holding the kayak up when I would be camping. Totally loving this set up now. The Hi-Vis Overland HD Strut Upgrade surpasses all the struts across the board. This thing was great. Easy to open and the struts held the tent open and it also closed great too. Going out on the rivers this coming weekend up in the mountains and will be camping either in the NC mountains or North Georgia mountains.
Man, you’re killing me with this RTT - I want one on the Rhino Rack on my canopy SOOOOO bad.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
I hate to be super needy, but how in the hell did you get the antenna and power cables through the firewall? I fought with it for a few hours but couldn't get it.
There are some pass throughs and then I routed it over to the battery and antenna.

I don’t have any tent installs this afternoon so I’ll snap some pictures.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
Man, you’re killing me with this RTT - I want one on the Rhino Rack on my canopy SOOOOO bad.
haha dude I was hesitant with running a hardshell again. But with it being load rated I damn sure love this set up now.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
There are some pass throughs and then I routed it over to the battery and antenna.

I don’t have any tent installs this afternoon so I’ll snap some pictures.
Did you use the one over the driver's left foot? I tried that and ended up pulling the grommet out completely. I couldn't get anything through it. I tried to poke it with a coat hanger but couldn't get anything through. I did a bunch of research last night and it looks like there is a grommet under the driver's feet. I am going to check that out and see if it will work for me. I would still appreciate the pictures.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
Did you use the one over the driver's left foot? I tried that and ended up pulling the grommet out completely. I couldn't get anything through it. I tried to poke it with a coat hanger but couldn't get anything through. I did a bunch of research last night and it looks like there is a grommet under the driver's feet. I am going to check that out and see if it will work for me. I would still appreciate the pictures.
I used the passenger side.

MTBranger

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4, 1994 Miata K-swap
Occupation
Design Engineer/ Racecars
I know its not the ideal thing but has anyone done like an "add a leaf" to the rear or anything like that? I will end up going the APG HD Leaf Pack route but $1500 is pretty steep right now. Ive got a couple other things I need to focus on right now before I can add that to the truck.
Great looking build!

I went with the OME Medium springs and they turned out great, the ride was improved and I have the truck loaded down with rack, RRT, water, fuel, bikes, etc. and it barely squats down. I will have pics and updates on my build thread next week once its all loaded for our long trip.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
Great looking build!

I went with the OME Medium springs and they turned out great, the ride was improved and I have the truck loaded down with rack, RRT, water, fuel, bikes, etc. and it barely squats down. I will have pics and updates on my build thread next week once its all loaded for our long trip.
That sounds great! Would love to hear feedback about the rear leaf springs.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
5A460237-B8E5-455B-A4BF-38379E06DBA9.jpeg

Got a little camping and wheeling in this weekend. Nothing too crazy but I definitely need to trim more while I work on getting the ADV fenders and bedsides in.

0338386F-81F8-4358-833B-CC4CE2F6E970.jpeg

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
Burning the midnight oil on the truck tonight. Installing the SwitchPros with the SDHQ dash mount for the buttons. So far it’s a nice system. I haven’t connected the trigger for the lighting yet since it’s 3am and I need to search a little more for a wire to tap.
Has anyone installed the SwitchPros and ran the ignition trigger for the unit? Would like a nice clean option to tap in on.

Reactions: Doc