First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
would you mind sharing how you mounted the MXT275?
Totally forgot to take some photos today. I’ve been bolting up beadlocks and repairing a couple threaded holes. Not a huge deal!
Sponsored

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
IMG_8983.JPG

Well I have added the 35" BFGoodrich KM3s with the RR7-H from RRW. I bolted them up as beadlocks just from previous years travels in my Jeep. I needed to air down much lower than I felt comfortable with so I opted for the deadlocks.

I did a good bit of trimming on the front to clear the tires but I think it turned out quite nicely. I still have some slight rubbing on the felt liner. I haven't figured a good solution to keep the felt but clear the tires when turning. Any ideas are very welcome! Ill take some photos of the trimmed areas this afternoon before I drop the truck off to get a fuel level sensor replaced. Just adding 35" tires to a truck with no fuel gauge has been quite the experience haha. I am managing about 16-17 mpg right now around town too.

I know its not the ideal thing but has anyone done like an "add a leaf" to the rear or anything like that? I will end up going the APG HD Leaf Pack route but $1500 is pretty steep right now. Ive got a couple other things I need to focus on right now before I can add that to the truck.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
tempImageXdpn0z.jpg

Oh yeah! how could I forget! I scored these Baja Designs Squadron Pro lights. "Used, Never have been installed" was the thing that caught me! $75 off and free shipping. Count me in. Once the rest of the electrical items come in I will finish wiring up the A-Pillar Lights then I will be working on the grill and the Baja Designs LP4 Lights I will be mounting in a totally new place that I haven't seen on the Rangers. I have to finish building the grill first before I spill any more beans about it.

No its not a Raptor Grill either.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
I do hope you can sell those vinyl overlays at some point I would really like to get one for my screen surround and the part of the dash you did.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
I do hope you can sell those vinyl overlays at some point I would really like to get one for my screen surround and the part of the dash you did.
I can see what is needed for me to be able to do that.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
That’s the Hi-Vis Overland Hatch RTT.
does it have a hatch to get in from the bed? I ended up going with GFC( I dare you to ask my experience so far 396 days since deposit and that's not half of it) because they had decent design and you enter through the bed

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
does it have a hatch to get in from the bed? I ended up going with GFC( I dare you to ask my experience so far 396 days since deposit and that's not half of it) because they had decent design and you enter through the bed
haha no I’m not a huge fan of the wnter from the bed doesn’t. This has three doors to access the tent from.

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
Thanks! How did you run the antenna cable it?
I ran it through the firewall and then to the hood on the mount. I plan to reroute it up to the side of the tent soon. I just need to make a bracket for it.

34CA1447-8E8D-41D6-ABE6-CAAE042D2CD7.jpeg

OP
OP
TopoRanger

TopoRanger

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mechanic
0DBDA58F-DE59-4772-B3A7-5E5015E46EDC.jpeg

BAC1864A-5598-48EC-ABB6-06110CBB8792.jpeg

I headed out to chase some rain storms on some smaller rivers this weekend. Unfortunately the rains didn’t bring as much flow to the natural creeks as they were predicting but I did get to test the tent out holding the kayak up when I would be camping. Totally loving this set up now. The Hi-Vis Overland HD Strut Upgrade surpasses all the struts across the board. This thing was great. Easy to open and the struts held the tent open and it also closed great too. Going out on the rivers this coming weekend up in the mountains and will be camping either in the NC mountains or North Georgia mountains.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to be super needy, but how in the hell did you get the antenna and power cables through the firewall? I fought with it for a few hours but couldn't get it.
Sponsored