LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had my truck 4 days and a few times a day strangers are commenting on how nice they think it is. It seems most people don’t even know the Ranger exists. One guy thought it was a Raptor. Post your stories. Let’s all feel good about our purchase haha.
Sponsored

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, same here. First day I drove it to work, some guy was talking pictures of it on the freeway. I've had people stop and ask about it, but most don't even know it came back. I guess unless your a enthusiast or pay attention to car news, until they start doing advertising people will be in the dark.

To be fair, I saw a new Blazer yesterday, I didn't know they were out yet....but I knew what it was.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Have a that few times myself. I think I might have mentioned this in another thread, but my neighbor told me that a guy in a Raptor drove past my house... stopped... backed up, and stared at my truck for about a minute or two before driving off. Another time I was at a gas station and someone drove up to me to tell me "your truck is gorgeous!".

I know after a few months this will stop when the Ranger gets more common, but it sure feels nice for now!

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
I had a guy in a tocoma in front of me at a red light get out and walk around the whole front end and gave me a big thumbs up. He literally had giant thumbs

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I finally had the chance to get up close and check one out today at the local auto show. I fit in it like a glove. I can just barely touch the bed surface which is good enough. And overall look was quite impressive. This is definitely my next truck.

OP
OP
LightningBlue

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I finally had the chance to get up close and check one out today at the local auto show. I fit in it like a glove. I can just barely touch the bed surface which is good enough. And overall look was quite impressive. This is definitely my next truck.
I love it. I think you will too! I drove all the competitors aside from the Accord truck and this is by far the champion.

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I was driving home and a guy in a Mercedes pulls up next to me and kept looking at me and then the truck then at me and shaking his head up and down. Then yells roll down your window. I did so and he’s like, “man I am loving this truck, like wow!!”, he then proceeded to follow me for miles and kept giving me thumbs up.

This made me feel reallllll good inside, haha.

AnimeRanger87

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my Ranger a month now and believe me I have my fair share of people looking at my truck, wanting pictures and asking questions. I ain't used to this kind of attention but I managed without literally choking on words lol.

OP
OP
LightningBlue

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I come from a world of Jeeps and Volkswagens and both of them have hand signals to show appreciation for others of the same. You’ve heard of the “Jeep wave” or the “VeeDub”. It’d be nice if we had that kind of community.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
I come from a world of Jeeps and Volkswagens and both of them have hand signals to show appreciation for others of the same. You’ve heard of the “Jeep wave” or the “VeeDub”. It’d be nice if we had that kind of community.
I don't know if it work for everyone but I've found F-150 owners seem to give a nod and let you cut in to traffic when needed :)

Al Gordon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
The first day I owned mine, a guy walking through the crosswalk at which I was stopped for a red light stopped right in the middle of the road, staring at the truck, then gave me a thumbs-up and a "hell yeah!" before realizing that he was going to be in the middle of traffic if he didn't move quick. Ha!

The next day, a kid in an '85 Bronco waved me over to a parking lot to drool all over my new Ranger. He almost ran into the car in front of him while eyeballing the Ranger.

These new Rangers are a menace to driver and pedestrian safety. ;)

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I had a guy say to me “wow, that is sharp, it is the first one I’ve seen in the wild!” It cracked me up cause I was parked near a main road in New Jersey. Not what I am sure most of you 4 wheelers would call the wild.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
The Ranger is a nice looking truck. It's a real testament to Ford's design team on this considering it's been out since 2011 with just a few tweaks to the exterior over the global truck.
Sponsored