Hey Ford are you listening?

1972Bronco5.8

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2007 Ford Escape
I'm done with the hype and teasing. I've waited 14 years now and I've had enough.
I just bought a 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4x4. It has a bunch of crap on it that I didn't want but it was at least available.
I seriously doubt I will trade it for a Bronco whenever it comes out as it will most likely have the same kind of features, that take drivers choice out of driving, that all new vehicles have standard now. At least I can still enjoy driving my 72 around in the woods and I don't need a computer tech to make a major or minor repair.

I think I can safely say I AM DONE WITH FORD!
Sponsored

05mustangman

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500, 2003 Ford Lightning
I'm done with the hype and teasing. I've waited 14 years now and I've had enough.
I just bought a 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4x4. It has a bunch of crap on it that I didn't want but it was at least available.
I seriously doubt I will trade it for a Bronco whenever it comes out as it will most likely have the same kind of features, that take drivers choice out of driving, that all new vehicles have standard now. At least I can still enjoy driving my 72 around in the woods and I don't need a computer tech to make a major or minor repair.

I think I can safely say I AM DONE WITH FORD!
Didn't Ford originally state this was coming out as a 2020 model? Implying that the reveal would most likely happen in January at the North American Auto Show. I agree that I wish the Bronco was out already but, I'm hoping with the amount of time they have had, they do an amazing job with it. I almost ordered a Rubicon but decided to hold off and see what the Bronco will be like.

So having said that, I don't believe Ford has pushed the reveal date back at all. The Ranger is out now so how come you check that out? Just doesn't make sense. why a Tacoma and not say a Jeep Rubicon or Toyota 4 Runner? Those would be more in line with the Bronco.

Bronco Logic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 King Ranch, 96 White Sport, 76 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have to agree with the above. You have only 3 months to go before you get a peek. I dont see you trading in that Tacoma either. They're 2 totally different segments. We're all waiting patiently to see whats going to happen. It sucks but we certainly dont want Ford to rush this do we?

OP
OP
1972Bronco5.8

1972Bronco5.8

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2007 Ford Escape
The concept came out in 2004. Its been 14 years since then. I don't think Ford is rushing anything. I think its long enough to wait for Ford to show us something without covering it with a sheet. I needed to get something now so I shopped. I looked at Ford, Jeep, GM, Toyota and Subaru. If you haven't looked at new cars I would strongly advise it so you will not be too disappointed when the new Bronco comes out with a bunch of new techno on it, that in my opinion doesn't belong on a vehicle that one would travel the backcountry in. Nothing that will help you when you get in a jam but more likely have a problem when there isn't a computer tech around. Take a look at that Jeep you suggested. These so called off road vehicles are more electronic than mechanical. I know of mechanical things that are still functional at over 100 years old. You computer tech is obsolete in 2-5 years or less. Have you heard of engineered obsolescence. I hope my new Tacoma is still working in 10 years, I mean I hope the software doesn't fail and is not be able to be repaired. I've had a look at the Ranger and am not impressed. I still hope I am wrong but I am guessing the old trucks will rule when it comes to being something that will last and the new Bronco will not measure up to expectations if you expect to be impressed.

Sponsored

05mustangman

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500, 2003 Ford Lightning
The concept came out in 2004. Its been 14 years since then. I don't think Ford is rushing anything. I think its long enough to wait for Ford to show us something without covering it with a sheet. I needed to get something now so I shopped. I looked at Ford, Jeep, GM, Toyota and Subaru. If you haven't looked at new cars I would strongly advise it so you will not be too disappointed when the new Bronco comes out with a bunch of new techno on it, that in my opinion doesn't belong on a vehicle that one would travel the backcountry in. Nothing that will help you when you get in a jam but more likely have a problem when there isn't a computer tech around. Take a look at that Jeep you suggested. These so called off road vehicles are more electronic than mechanical. I know of mechanical things that are still functional at over 100 years old. You computer tech is obsolete in 2-5 years or less. Have you heard of engineered obsolescence. I hope my new Tacoma is still working in 10 years, I mean I hope the software doesn't fail and is not be able to be repaired. I've had a look at the Ranger and am not impressed. I still hope I am wrong but I am guessing the old trucks will rule when it comes to being something that will last and the new Bronco will not measure up to expectations if you expect to be impressed.
The Bronco that was shown in 2004 was just that, a concept. I believe that came out around the same time the Thunderbird and the Mustang went through the huge retro thing. This Bronco that Ford is bringing out is not at all the one they showed in 2004. But I totally get what you mean about all the electronic stuff. I have a 2003 Lightning that doesn't have much electronics in it and I have well over 200,000 miles on it and it my daily driver. Been a fantastic truck and will still keep up with the new muscle cars. Maybe not GT500 or Hellcat or anything but still. But I also have a 2010 GT500 that DOES have all the electronics and everything and it's over 900HP and everything still works perfect.

Ford has a lot riding on this Bronco. That HAVE to get it right. I'm really hoping in January Ford will knock my socks off with it. I didn't want to make a decision right now based on an expectation that I won't be impressed with the Bronco. I do hope the Tacoma will be a great truck for you but if you have been a Ford family for the last 15+ years, It's hard to stray away and know that I would be happy with something else.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think may of us are getting antsy, but hopefully we'll reach the end of the tunnel and see some light in January. If not, it's going to very hard for me not to order a new Wrangler. Maybe there's a pill out there I can take that will help.....:)

flyfish

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge 2500 CTD, 2016 Nissan 370z Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No advise for a pill, not sure what State you are in but maybe some CBD's will help :).

Just spend some time over at jlwranglerforums.com in the; Issues, Repairs, Warranty, and TSB Recalls section, sobering...

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No advise for a pill, not sure what State you are in but maybe some CBS's will help :).

Just spend some time over at jlwranglerforums.com in the; Issues, Repairs, Warranty, and TSB Recalls section, sobering...
I've been over there fly. It's quite unnerving to see the problems the JL is having. After reading that stuff waiting for the Bronco isn't quite as hard. At least I know when Ford's electronics have problems, 9 times out of 10 they don't shut the entire vehicle down. We just bought the wife an '18 Mustang GT, and all of those little electronic do-dads work as advertised. And, I found I quite like many of them, cross traffic, blind spot detectors, etc. are great for seeing things I don't or can't see.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cross traffic and blind spot stuff kicked in as i was backing a new Outback out for a test drive, it was impressive.
Some a-hole had pulled into the parking lot going about 45. Didn't buy that OB, but the way traffic is now, man I'd like to have adaptive cruise control. Just seems like it would make driving less stressful.
THE LEFT LANE ON THE INTERSTATE IS FOR PASSING!!!!! MOVE. OVER! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sponsored

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford and every other car maker is loading the cars with lots of electronics it's what the buying public wants or they wouldn't be doing it and there are a lot of electronics involved with government mandated safety equipment.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No advise for a pill, not sure what State you are in but maybe some CBD's will help :).

Chrysler products and yes a Jeep is a full blown Chrysler product are well know for there electrical problems. When you get a letter from Chrysler telling you to unhook your negative battery cable or your car may burn down that's a PROBLEM.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford and every other car maker is loading the cars with lots of electronics it's what the buying public wants or they wouldn't be doing it ...
I think it's actually the other way around. Some tech or auto company came up with a thing and then talked people into thinking it was a good idea to pay extra to have it in the car. If people are gullible enough to go along with that for a while, it becomes an item on a checklist, "I can't decide if I want BrandX truck or BrandZ truck because they're basically identical; but on the list of features BrandX has MoneyGizmo and BrandZ doesn't, so I guess I'll get BrandX because it sounds like a good idea or better deal"

...and there are a lot of electronics involved with government mandated safety equipment.
Those are the ones I really hate, because they usually have more of a downside than an upside. Beyond major safety issues like not manufacturing a product out of a substance that will kill you directly, most regulations are too poorly formed to actually accomplish their intended goal without inflicting some major negative side effect.

EyeOfHorus

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Ascent Touring
I had 2016 Tacoma OR 4X4. You'll get over it in a year. It's a good truck but dont see what the hype is all about.
Sponsored