Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It'll be nice for someone with deep pockets. lol

A set of hefty, steel bumpers with an integrated bull bar in front, auxiliary lights and Hennessey badging are also included in the package, which is listed for $24,950 on top of the price of the $56,960 Ranger, which goes on sale later this year.

HippoTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Gray Ranger Tremor

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Only an extra $25K above the Raptor's $57K. What a steal!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Same as roush, a total rip off.

Take 1/4 the money and get the same results yourself, or take the same amount of money and buy a shit ton more product for your bucks.

Same old same old.

But people will buy it for the prestige and envy of the ignorant.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Same as roush, a total rip off.

Take 1/4 the money and get the same results yourself, or take the same amount of money and buy a shit ton more product for your bucks.

Same old same old.

But people will buy it for the prestige and envy of the ignorant.
But you get that cool Hennessey or Roush badge!

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Just another unnesessary way to separate some dude from his money so he can brag about what he's got.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Big down payment for bragging rights or here’s your sign…

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
But you get that cool Hennessey or Roush badge!

The custom interior is about the only redeeming factor in any of these packages. I won't take credit away where credit is due, custom stitching or embroidery is not exactly a readily DIY option, especially if dash stitching is done. Of course their price tag is probably still super inflated over just taking it to a custom interior local shop.

Everything else in these packages are generally just off the shelf products pre-installed. A tune, some wheels, suspension, etc etc - you could probably buy the specific parts you wanted, pay someone to install them local, and still be magnitudes cheaper.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Take the current Roush level 1 package from Roush, $13,000 and the only performance part is is a re-branded exhaust and suspension. They don't even include their own in-house cold air intake, and the tuner is a different mini-package all together.

My setup (heavily one-off construction aspects) has me in the hole (sigh, "well that escalated quickly" /meme) is a tad over $10,000 when I add in 15% replacement cost due to current market conditions (so about $8,500 out of pocket).

My $450 tune right off the bat makes my truck more "powerful" than a $13,000 Roush package by itself in just that category alone. What is sad is my build has a shit-ton more features and capability than even the level 2 $17,000 package from Roush that gets you some lights, chase rack, etc etc

Now the trade off is I have hundreds of hours of labor invested, from prototyping, design revisions, and product testing - so that is about the only defense a pre-packaged setup can claim over DIY, "time is money" as they say.

About the only thing that I can't do, or have not learned, and don't have an interest in; custom interior stitching.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The media always fawns over this guy whenever he looks at a new model sideways, but never bothers to look into the VERY NUMEROUS customer complaints.

A friend of mine who used to have a Viper was looking into getting it tuned by Hennessy, but the more he researched the more he decided to stay far away from him.

As with anything nowadays, YMMV, but I wouldn’t give a Hennessy anything a second glance.

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Whats crazy is the people who still get the black ops or black widow packages at some crazy markup.
To what OFC was saying, when i was comparing the '21 tremor to a 21' roush the tremor offered more and cost way less.
Truly is a shame that shelby, roush, (dunno what saleen is up to these days) have all gone from a nice performance bump and look for a bit over base, to just gaudy over priced packages.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
The media always fawns over this guy whenever he looks at a new model sideways, but never bothers to look into the VERY NUMEROUS customer complaints.

A friend of mine who used to have a Viper was looking into getting it tuned by Hennessy, but the more he researched the more he decided to stay far away from him.

As with anything nowadays, YMMV, but I wouldn’t give a Hennessy anything a second glance.

From my understanding in their past it was standard practice to take new customer money to cover old customer orders because of very terrible money management.
Sponsored