First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Retired
Be sure to eliminate them. Newer wiring uses soy based sheathing that rodents like to eat causing electrical issues. A service Mgr told me if this happens it's not covered under warranty. One lady had to get her insurance company involved due to thousands of dollars damage. Seems the engineers are at fault here. Who the hell would approve this? Fortunately I have a garage and no rats.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
These trucks seem to attract the small mammals. People say it's the soy based wiring insulation, but that's in basically everything nowadays.

I've yet to have an issue, but my truck is garaged, and the dogs and cat keep things quiet around my house.

You guys in Canada are expected to defend yourselves from polar bears with not much more than a BB gun. I'm sure the squirrels won't stand a chance.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

btsmith52

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger, 2016 Ford Fusion
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
I had them chew the fuel filler pipe of my old F150 twice at $750 a pop. I now keep the Ranger in the garage. I hate to hear that Rangers are squirrel food too.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
If you want to trap them use ritz crackers and peanut butter. Like shooting fish in a barrel as my Dad would say. I have trapped 50+ in the last two years. Squirrels have two litters of babies per year and up to 6 little rodents per litter. They really multiply. I started naming them all and my friends would just laugh. I also used to relocate them until a animal control guy said they can find there way back 17 miles WOW. So now they commit suicide. Fortunately they have not taken a liking to my Ranger. Good Luck!

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rangers in the easiest way possible.
Today, I made a shocking discovery that a squirrel had managed to fill my cabin air box with various materials including fiberglass insulation, pine needles, and two large Norway spruce pine cones within a short period of time. It had chewed through the cabin air filter and disrupted the blower's balance, leading me to remove and spend significant time cleaning the box. Although it had chewed on some plastic inside, fortunately, there was no noticeable damage to the box's functionality. To prevent the critter's return, I placed a folded dryer sheet on top of the new filter and behind the glove box. In the future, I plan to remove some plastic to access the intake hole and cover it with hardware cloth. As a result of this frustrating experience, I am now determined to go to war with the squirrels, particularly the red ones that seem to be the most attracted to the pine cones. I have loaded my pellet gun and will be setting up a trap to catch them.
LOL. Sorry to hear about the impending squirrel war. I suggest some chemical warfare in the form of ammonia, used cat litter, peppermint oil, mothballs, or another strong scent that might deter them.

jtzako

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor

ylwjacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4
Well, the peaches are starting to fatten up, so it's that time of year again for me. Last year, I started with probably 300 peaches on my big tree, and ended up harvesting around 30. I didn't kill any last year, tho I plinked a few with a BB gun.

This year, it's on. I want my peaches.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Ugh, f@ck!n' chipmunks!

They're eating my fancy battery blanket (which I was thrilled to see that I actually had on a '22).

The little sh!ts also nearly ate through the ground wire of my battery tender. I can see their little teeth marks on the insulation. BAH!

I cranked the air gun up to 110 psi and blew out all the friggin' nut shells, and blasted under the engine cover. They probably retreated to the air box thing, I need to check that out ... =(

IMG_20230507_164039786.jpg

IMG_20230507_164113424.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: