First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
spent all my free time this weekend putting in a gang switch relay boxes. just about to button it up, and went for a quick test run to make sure all was good ahead of mounting the switch box some place in the cab. I notice my drivers side turn signal is doing the really fast noise. the rear led tail light will not flash for turn signal and no brake. but all the leds are lit. Any body had this issue or know how to fix it ? the front turn signal and all the other lights are working fine. I didnt mess with anything even near the tail light. all my wiring was for off road lights on the front of the truck. nothing on the back. I didnt change any factory wires at all. did add a fuse tap to the panel in the cab by the driver knees for a hot when trucks on power for the switch panel. however that was one of the spots that was empty from the factory. i didnt add on to anything in use etc. :headbang:
so aggravated at the moment. I was ready to see the results of my hours of work and feeding every mosquito in the damn county lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
so i read through the bulb replacement section in the owners manual hoping for some info but it basically says if you have a problem with led brake lights go see the dealer ... i love dealers so much. :facepalm:

machinist85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Try removing the fuse tap and test your lights just to be sure. Did you tap into any existing grounds? Do the park and reverse lights work? It's possible the tail light problem is unrelated to the work you've done.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Try removing the fuse tap and test your lights just to be sure. Did you tap into any existing grounds? Do the park and reverse lights work? It's possible the tail light problem is unrelated to the work you've done.
tried with the tap out and still has the problem. didnt use any factory grounds or wires with the exception of the negative and positive batt terminal. Im digging around on the internet now hoping to find something. I hope its unrelated but the timing seems to match perfectly.

machinist85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
If you don't find anything you could try swapping tail lights. I think the connectors are the same for left and right. That would at least tell you if the issue is with the truck or the tail light itself.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
If you don't find anything you could try swapping tail lights. I think the connectors are the same for left and right. That would at least tell you if the issue is with the truck or the tail light itself.
thats a good idea!!

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
its definitely the truck glitching some how. hooked up my procal and no codes present. flipped on the right signal its fine pushed the brakes and the right has indicator and brake. no luck on the left. so on a whim i hit the hazard button... suddenly all the lights start working on both left and right... flipped the hazards off and now the lights all seem normal. o_O:confused: so its over my skill level at this point unless its a loose harness lol.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
drove the truck tonight checked all the lights ahead of leaving the driveway and everything worked. about 30 mins later no brake lights on either side. no left turn without the hyper flash sound. tried the hazards like before no go this time. turned the truck off and waited until it went to sleep. restarted still no brakes but the turn signal came back. noticed when i turn the light switch to off instead auto or on I had brake lights and turn signals. so everything is making electrical connections it must be some computer issues. no codes or other issues apparent. truck ran fine. blah... i wish it would just work correctly. I barely get to drive it as it is. its under warranty but i don have a trustworthy dealer near me so idk what to do.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Sounds like a BCM issue. That really sucks. Hopefully the dealer can get it sorted out for you.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i wonder if a reset would do it ? is a reset as simple as disconnecting the battery for a while?

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
as expected ford service was useless. tried to make appointment for service and explain the issue. they were rude, would not listen and in general dont care and treated me like im stupid. 3 month wait just to have someone look at it despite me knowing the most likely issue, parts needed and having video proof of it as well as fords info from the exact issue they recalled about 80k trucks for. im over ford. i should not have to put up with fords dealers. never buying one again. If i cant get the part to fix this myself my r5g will be for sale or traded in for a frontier. if anyone is interested in the 5g make me an offer.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Try another dealer. There has to be another near you. Do explain that it’s really a safety hazard not having rear lamps that are functional.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Almost everybody is backed up right now. Whether due to labor shortages or part supply shortages, sometimes both. Good luck with this!

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
So i called 3 two of three were rude and didnt seem to want my business. I expect a long wait and parts issues that is just part of the norm now i guess. but Id also like at least to have the dealer listen and consider my words lol one was very nice and happy to make me an appointment for me, and they listened to my idea. so got an appointment. its a 150 mile trip, but if they can handle it without jerking me around it will be worth it. I like the truck a lot but honestly i have zero faith or trust in ford dealer service. i know its broken record but worst part of owning a ford is ford dealers.
Sponsored