First Name
Reagon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Building Automation
Unfortunately, I park outdoors. My '03 F-150's headlights yellowed after a few years and I want to prevent that on my Ranger. I have a bottle of 303 protectant (I use it on interior, bed rail caps, swing cases, etc.) also just bought a bottle of 303 graphene nano spray. Anyone recommend which one of these or any other protectant that would work best?
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Unfortunately, I park outdoors. My '03 F-150's headlights yellowed after a few years and I want to prevent that on my Ranger. I have a bottle of 303 protectant (I use it on interior, bed rail caps, swing cases, etc.) also just bought a bottle of 303 graphene nano spray. Anyone recommend which one of these or any other protectant that would work best?
The nano spray. The 303 protectant is for rubber/vinyl/plastics, but not the stuff the headlights are made of.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I would suggest the clear or slightly tinted protective film that has UV inhibitors . I haven't done the Ranger yet but my 1st Chrysler Crossfire headlights in 2004 yellowed within 6 months . They were notorious for yellowing. I bought a new 2008 and installed this product and they were perfect when I sold it in 2018 .

Ford Ranger (2019-2022) Headlight Covers (lamin-x.com)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Definitely the Graphene Nano spray. I use it on everything on the exterior of my truck and it has great UV protection. You can use the Aerospace Protectant too but the Graphene will last a lot longer, up to 1 year.

Also hit all your windows with it as it's much better than Rain-X and will bead up and keep them a lot cleaner. We just went through a nasty monsoon rainstorm a couple weeks ago and the next day my truck was still spotless (literally) and even the lower rockers were still clean.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Definitely the Graphene Nano spray. I use it on everything on the exterior of my truck and it has great UV protection. You can use the Aerospace Protectant too but the Graphene will last a lot longer, up to 1 year.

Also hit all your windows with it as it's much better than Rain-X and will bead up and keep them a lot cleaner. We just went through a nasty monsoon rainstorm a couple weeks ago and the next day my truck was still spotless (literally) and even the lower rockers were still clean.
How about snow? ?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher

What you said! Times ten!

Kate did her Mazda with one coat of Graphene this weekend and holy smokes, even though it's hard to appreciate the shine on her white car, what made me a true believer was the feel of it.

She did a panel and I slid my finger tip over it and compared it to a panel not yet done.

Even though her car's only 6 weeks old and she's washed it many times and keeps it in the garage (2-bucket method, the legit deal with her dedicated detailing cart) it was a clear difference.

There was still some grip, or resistance, on the non-graphened panel. The graphened panel slid like I dunno what. I was going to say like Teflon, but it's even slicker than that. And she says less dust settles on it too. She did the glass and mirrors too and I just told her your Rain-X comparison, she's mighty pleased to know that.

So, like I said, I'm now a believer ... the big challenge will be in me becoming a practitioner! =p

PS - she used about two-thirds of the bottle, is that normal?

1663625143129.png

When I finally do it ...

1663625516005.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What you said! Times ten!

Kate did her Mazda with one coat of Graphene this weekend and holy smokes, even though it's hard to appreciate the shine on her white car, what made me a true believer was the feel of it.

She did a panel and I slid my finger tip over it and compared it to a panel not yet done.

Even though her car's only 6 weeks old and she's washed it many times and keeps it in the garage (2-bucket method, the legit deal with her dedicated detailing cart) it was a clear difference.

There was still some grip, or resistance, on the non-graphened panel. The graphened panel slid like I dunno what. I was going to say like Teflon, but it's even slicker than that. And she says less dust settles on it too. She did the glass and mirrors too and I just told her your Rain-X comparison, she's mighty pleased to know that.

So, like I said, I'm now a believer ... the big challenge will be in me becoming a practitioner! =p

PS - she used about two-thirds of the bottle, is that normal?

1663625143129.png

When I finally do it ...

1663625516005.png
Glad to hear she's happy with it and if she does another coat (or two) it really does make a big difference. Also hitting it with the Graphene Detailer will make it even slicker and shinier.? :shock:

It sounds like she's using a lot of product. I can do my Ranger 3 coats and still have 2/3 of the bottle left. To use a full bottle I did my Ranger twice (3 coats each time) and my Jeep 3 coats and I had about an inch left.
Sponsored