Hawaii roll call

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation āœˆ
Howzit from Oahu but Iā€™ve lived on Maui, Kauai and the BI. I bought a 22 Tremor in HPR. Canā€™t wait. Found dealing with on island dealers to be a PIA. Bought my truck on Maui and gonna ship it home.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Howzit from Oahu but Iā€™ve lived on Maui, Kauai and the BI. I bought a 22 Tremor in HPR. Canā€™t wait. Found dealing with on island dealers to be a PIA. Bought my truck on Maui and gonna ship it home.
Howzit Rob,
What's "HPR"?
Oahu born and raised myself and yes, I did find out that most Oahu dealers would not budge when it came to buying a '19 Ranger...
So, I special ordered a '20 Lariat S/Cab in Aug. 2019 from Cutter Ford and made it clear from the start the I would be using Ford's X-Plan to consumate the purchase.
I finally took delivery of the truck exactly 5 months after I ordered it, this did not bother me at all...
If I'm going to spend X amount of "kala" on a vehicle, it will be what I want, not what some sales manager thinks I want.
All my 5 new vehicles I've ever owned in the past were special ordered, the '20 Ranger is number 6

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Right on. Sorry, Hot Pepper Red. I guess Iā€™ve seen it on here somewhere abbreviated like that and I wanted to be one of the cool kids. Iā€™m doing Xplan and Cutter told me no Tremor and they wanted to add mandatory Resistall ($2k) and vehicle etching. If you go down there right now they mark up new Rangers $5k and Tremors $10k. Of course, thatā€˜s for on the lot. This is my first time doing anything XPlan. Actually first time buying new, so Iā€™m hoping it all goes as plan. What could possibly go wrong? :crazy: My truck should be on Maui in a couple weeks. Pretty excited about picking it up. ?

Tako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Right on. Sorry, Hot Pepper Red. I guess Iā€™ve seen it on here somewhere abbreviated like that and I wanted to be one of the cool kids. Iā€™m doing Xplan and Cutter told me no Tremor and they wanted to add mandatory Resistall ($2k) and vehicle etching. If you go down there right now they mark up new Rangers $5k and Tremors $10k. Of course, thatā€˜s for on the lot. This is my first time doing anything XPlan. Actually first time buying new, so Iā€™m hoping it all goes as plan. What could possibly go wrong? :crazy: My truck should be on Maui in a couple weeks. Pretty excited about picking it up. ?
You got Jim Falk to do xplan?

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You got Jim Falk to do xplan?
Yeah, that was the deal we made in January when I ordered. Did they stop doing it?

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I wrenched @ Pflueger Lincoln-Mercury/Honda for almost 14 years and know all about the shenanigans new car sales tries to pull. This is the reason why I went with X-Plan.
When I ordered my '20 on Aug. 18, 2019 I made it crystal clear to the salesperson that the truck was to be delivered as is, they were NOT to add ANY additional equipment to the vehicle at all. I also told them that if a "phony Monroeny" was attached next to Ford's factory window sticker that the deal was off and they would refund my 3K deposit immediately, no questions asked. I drew up a document stating this and we both signed it.
They actually told you that Resistall and bogus glass etching was mandatory? They sure as hell didn't pull that BS on me....
I would had told them what to do with themselves and the truck, as well as with all the rest of the vehicles on their lot

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I wrenched @ Pflueger Lincoln-Mercury/Honda for almost 14 years and know all about the shenanigans new car sales tries to pull. This is the reason why I went with X-Plan.
When I ordered my '20 on Aug. 18, 2019 I made it crystal clear to the salesperson that the truck was to be delivered as is, they were NOT to add ANY additional equipment to the vehicle at all. I also told them that if a "phony Monroeny" was attached next to Ford's factory window sticker that the deal was off and they would refund my 3K deposit immediately, no questions asked. I drew up a document stating this and we both signed it.
They actually told you that Resistall and bogus glass etching was mandatory? They sure as hell didn't pull that BS on me....
I would had told them what to do with themselves and the truck, as well as with all the rest of the vehicles on their lot
Cutter told me those things were mandatory and I couldnā€™t order a Tremor XPlan, so I said no thanks. Jim Faulk or Valley Isle let me order it the way I wanted.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cutter told me those things were mandatory and I couldnā€™t order a Tremor XPlan, so I said no thanks. Jim Faulk or Valley Isle let me order it the way I wanted.
Who at Cutter told you it was mandatory? I would had asked for documentation from them stating this and gone straight to the state board of regulatory agencies to report them.
Who's Jim Falk?
How much Young Bros. soaking you to barge the truck to HNL?

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Who at Cutter told you it was mandatory? I would had asked for documentation from them stating this and gone straight to the state board of regulatory agencies to report them.
Who's Jim Falk?
How much Young Bros. soaking you to barge the truck to HNL?
The sales rep, one of the Brians there. He ā€œtalkedā€œ to his sales mgr. and thats what the answer was. I really just didnā€™t want to spend any more time arguing with them about it, so I left.

Maybe Jim Falk is the GM dealership on Maui, cant remember. Not important.

YB: a little over $400. Worth it to me just to not have to deal with Cutter.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The sales rep, one of the Brians there. He ā€œtalkedā€œ to his sales mgr. and thats what the answer was. I really just didnā€™t want to spend any more time arguing with them about it, so I left.

Maybe Jim Falk is the GM dealership on Maui, cant remember. Not important.

YB: a little over $400. Worth it to me just to not have to deal with Cutter.
I started a private conversation with you here on the forum, has my phone #, call me when you can or want to, jus for talk story...
Sponsored