Have I mentioned how much I dislike Saia freight?

Phessor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Crew Cab
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered an ARB bumper for my son’s 1st Gen 4Runner through a dealer last February and was given false shipping dates all the way to April and never received it. So, after confirming with ARB/USA that the bumper shipment from ARB Australia in April did not have a bumper assigned to the company I ordered it through or with my name on a manifest I canceled that order.

I ordered the same bumper again through another dealer and was given shipping date after shipping date that never came through. I ended up contacting ARB in Australia and they assured me that 12 of the bumpers I wanted were currently in route to ARB/USA.
So I contacted ARB/USA one more time, and they confirmed yet again that no order coming in was for me or the dealer that I had purchased it through, so I canceled that order as well.

They then told me I should buy one from 4 Wheel Parts in California, I called them up and they had one in stock and shipped it out the next day. It arrived in Phoenix the day after through a freight company called Saia.

This is where the fun begins...

Saia claims they do not deliver to my area so they were to transfer the bumper to another freight company. Mind you the distance between each of their perspective terminal is only 4.1 miles apart.

But somehow Saia lost my bumper! And after six days they cannot locate it. I'm just trying to understand how this is possible, incompetent warehouse workers, I guess. I assume it is in the back of a Saia trailer heading to Bangor Maine and I'll never see it.

So now I have to wait till the first week in October to file a lost freight complaint against Saia.
4 Wheel Parts attempted to locate a replacement bumper, but there is zero stock in the USA.
The next shipment from ARB Australia isn't scheduled till the end of October, and who knows when they will actually be cleared through the port and be available. Stupid rona!

So, I may have to wait till hell freezes over for a bumper.

Rant over…
Sponsored