First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Root beer floats don't come to mind that often, but when I see it on the menu I have to have it. Never heard of Mother's Pizza. Man, the closest A&W is far from me, is it worth a stop by when I am in the area?
8b8fc98ee20212866fc0c38147af0583.png
Mother's has been gone a few decades too. They were a big chain, I think they were bought out by Little Ceasar's. They were popular, maybe the first big dine-in Pizza or Italian food chain in Canada? Not rally sure. I'm old, and my brain is like Swiss cheese. Decent food from what I recall, but probably 30 years since I've been there.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Root beer floats don't come to mind that often, but when I see it on the menu I have to have it. Never heard of Mother's Pizza. Man, the closest A&W is far from me, is it worth a stop by when I am in the area?
8b8fc98ee20212866fc0c38147af0583.png
You’d do much better at a Ruby’s Diner - might still be one in Laguna Beach.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
You’d do much better at a Ruby’s Diner - might still be one in Laguna Beach.
I have eaten here before, I actually have one 15 minutes away. It was quite lovely after a cross country race. However, looking it up now.... Sadly, I think covid ended it's life a little early...

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I have eaten here before, I actually have one 15 minutes away. It was quite lovely after a cross country race. However, looking it up now.... Sadly, I think covid ended it's life a little early...
Oceanside and Huntington Beach also closed. ?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
It’s a bit small but enough for our dinner trio - myself, my wife and my mom.

I’ll see if I can get a buffalo check jacket, a touque, some maple syrup, poutine, a sugar pie, ketchup chips, a Chevy Beaumont, some smoked salmon, a bottle of Screetch, a hockey stick, an NBA Championship team, and a Canadarm all in one picture - then, you’ll have a snapshot of Canadian Culture.
Also get a half kilo of back bacon in the picture, and a Frank Correnti Churchill to go with the Screetch après le dîner.
And yes, those are turkey vultures south of the boarder too, but ours are left handed instead of metric.
Wink.jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Please show us a photo of that beautiful leg of lamb after it's done! Every other Canadian should follow suit and post their lovely meals when done. Would be awesome to see a taste of Canadian culture, albeit, slightly similar to our Thanksgiving.
As requested, here’s a pic of the leg of lamb in the smoker. A couple more hours to go.

8A3328D4-4415-4FBE-9CBF-5B9B5EDEE401.jpeg

That dish with the liquid has nothing to do with the lamb - it’s a couple shots of Jack that I’ll leave in the smoker for about an hour and a half. It will take on the smokey flavour. ?

Here’s a shot of my smoker - it’s a before and after shot of the old BBQ shroud that I converted into a cabinet for the smoker and BBQ accessories.

385C428C-90F6-4A18-A3C8-8CCBF440C692.jpeg

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
As requested, here’s a pic of the leg of lamb in the smoker. A couple more hours to go.

8A3328D4-4415-4FBE-9CBF-5B9B5EDEE401.jpeg

That dish with the liquid has nothing to do with the lamb - it’s a couple shots of Jack that I’ll leave in the smoker for about an hour and a half. It will take on the smokey flavour. ?

Here’s a shot of my smoker - it’s a before and after shot of the old BBQ shroud that I converted into a cabinet for the smoker and BBQ accessories.

385C428C-90F6-4A18-A3C8-8CCBF440C692.jpeg
The leg of lamb looks so yummy :) especially that little life-hack to make a peated whiskey, looks like everything is done RIGHT! :inlove:

Wow Duke, you weren't kidding about Duke Can Build It. That is beautiful woodworking you have done. What type of wood is that? I like how it looks, and you sanded and varnished to bring out the natural tree look(there is a term for this but it is escaping my mind)?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
The leg of lamb looks so yummy :) especially that little life-hack to make a peated whiskey, looks like everything is done RIGHT! :inlove:

Wow Duke, you weren't kidding about Duke Can Build It. That is beautiful woodworking you have done. What type of wood is that? I like how it looks, and you sanded and varnished to bring out the natural tree look(there is a term for this but it is escaping my mind)?
Haha, thanks - it must be the lighting.

I’m glad you like it. It’s really just a simple cabinet made from pressure treated spruce fence boards, deck screws, and some basic galvanized gate hinges. The top of it hinges to let the smoke out and it’s waterproof to protect the smoker. There’s a coat of clear deck sealant on it but no fancy finish of any kind.

Khakiforever

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk, 1990 F150
Occupation
Police Officer
Hey Duke. Hopefully you had a nice thanksgiving supper. My first thanksgiving supper will be tonight at home in years between the military and law enforcement. Looking forward to it…

Khakiforever

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, 2016 Renegade Trailhawk, 1990 F150
Occupation
Police Officer
As well Jay. Hopefully you injested enough turkey today. ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Duke. Hopefully you had a nice thanksgiving supper. My first thanksgiving supper will be tonight at home in years between the military and law enforcement. Looking forward to it…
We did - small but meaningful. I hope you had a great get together too Frank.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Hope all had a great meal. Here in the USA we make my traditional meal learned from my parents, but updated. Correctly cooked turkey (not like my dad who would put the turkey in at 5am and take it out at noon), homemade pies, and veggies not cooked for an hour. :)

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Cheese bombs for an afternoon snack. For supper, we went with baked salmon, mixed veggies, and corn bread, paired with grape juice.
For dessert we had some buko pie.
113BB231-5327-4A9F-813C-8F649DEC2E79.jpeg
4D51B98C-5E42-435F-8F56-0643DE4A75FC.jpeg
0E8F096E-FB24-4FBB-A8D8-89B75D3CE8BC.jpeg
Sponsored