Guess I'm going to have to get a new headlight housing.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Discovered this happening a couple days ago. I attempted over the past few days where we've had blistering sun to pop one of the Caps off the back see if I can get it to air out. It will clear out no problem but as soon as you reinstall a cap in short order if there's any humidity in the air it starts fogging immediately.

I've made no modifications to my headlights so God knows what is causing this. Good thing is I'm still way early in my warranty and per Ford's manual on the subject is definitely does not qualify as acceptable level of moisture build up.

What is baffling to me is trying to figure out where on the headlight housing is the source of this.

All that moisture you see in this picture is on the inside of the headlight the outside was wiped dry.

6700 on the odometer so yeah I'm a little peeved.

I wonder if popping one of the caps and kind of shoving a small baggie of rice with a few pin holes in it and letting it sit for a couple days may pull out whatever is not evaporating. My primary concern is generally when this starts happening you'll never get the inside of the light properly clean again and it will always have a dingy look.

IMG_20210826_054305.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Discovered this happening a couple days ago. I attempted over the past few days where we've had blistering sun to pop one of the Caps off the back see if I can get it to air out. It will clear out no problem but as soon as you reinstall a cap in short order if there's any humidity in the air it starts fogging immediately.

I've made no modifications to my headlights so God knows what is causing this. Good thing is I'm still way early in my warranty and per Ford's manual on the subject is definitely does not qualify as acceptable level of moisture build up.

What is baffling to me is trying to figure out where on the headlight housing is the source of this.

All that moisture you see in this picture is on the inside of the headlight the outside was wiped dry.

I wonder if popping one of the caps and kind of shoving a small baggie of rice with a few pin holes in it and letting it sit for a couple days may pull out whatever is not evaporating. My primary concern is generally when this starts happening you'll never get the inside of the light properly clean again and it will always have a dingy look.

IMG_20210826_054305.jpg
There are breathers on the back of the headlights. Something this heavy says you got a defect. The halves are not sealed together properly letting moisture wick in. I would definitely get it looked at and remedied

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There are breathers on the back of the headlights. Something this heavy says you got a defect. The halves are not sealed together properly letting moisture wick in. I would definitely get it looked at and remedied
Three-year 36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. Thousands of dollars are built into the price of these vehicles just to cover the warranties. Use it!

Last edited:

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!

IMG_20210826_054305.jpg
i would be making a visit to my dealer, that aint right, no way no how.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Damn Jack that sux. Definitely give a go at the dealer.
But if they come up with an excuse I have ome take off XLT lights I can work a deal with you on.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
unless he has a rock chip or a crack....then i'm sure they will deny warranty.
at their price though....its worth the fight if they resist

myself though....gives an excuse to go aftermarket ?
No, no cracks or rock chips.

Damn Jack that sux. Definitely give a go at the dealer.
But if they come up with an excuse I have ome take off XLT lights I can work a deal with you on.
Send me a message anyhow if you want on how much you want for them. Unlike a lot of people, I actually like the OEM XLT headlamps and having some spare housings on hand wouldn't be a bad thing.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Bring the truck in with tripod secured on top...?
Sponsored