First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Super cab
Occupation
Retired Postal Worker
Heading to the camp in a couple weeks with the truck and the brother in laws for the 22 moose hunt. Should be interesting to finally get the truck dirty (er). I am going to try and video the hunt but will and should have lots of pics. Over the many years I have got drawn 7 times with 7 kills. Wish me luck as this will provide the family with lots of meat for the freezer.

DSC_0548.JPG

DSC_0549.JPG

DSC_0550.JPG
Sponsored

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Heading to the camp in a couple weeks with the truck and the brother in laws for the 22 moose hunt. Should be interesting to finally get the truck dirty (er). I am going to try and video the hunt but will and should have lots of pics. Over the many years I have got drawn 7 times with 7 kills. Wish me luck as this will provide the family with lots of meat for the freezer.

DSC_0548.JPG

DSC_0549.JPG

DSC_0550.JPG
Good luck, I hunt elk in CO and like to tell the story of encountering a game warden while hunting and inquiring if he seen elk taken, he replied only a few but them spoke about a group from N Carolina who proudly welcomed him into their camp to see their elk - and discoverd they had a moose hanging up. He confiscated their guns, wrote em up and said in all his yrs he'd never seen anything close to that level of stupidity. :)

OP
OP
Kodiacnb

Kodiacnb

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Super cab
Occupation
Retired Postal Worker
Good luck, I hunt elk in CO and like to tell the story of encountering a game warden while hunting and inquiring if he seen elk taken, he replied only a few but them spoke about a group from N Carolina who proudly welcomed him into their camp to see their elk - and discoverd they had a moose hanging up. He confiscated their guns, wrote em up and said in all his yrs he'd never seen anything close to that level of stupidity. :)
I'd love to try and do some elk hunting out west. Here it's mainly moose, deer, bear (big game). But always loved hunting.

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist

DSC_0548.JPG

DSC_0549.JPG

DSC_0550.JPG
Good luck! Looking forward to the pics and watching the video. We keep trying to video some of our hunts and they never work out. Camera shoots a bunch of nothing and isn’t running when all the action starts!

I grew up on waterfowl and upland birds, and sort of got addicted to Spring turkey many years ago. We will be on the Saskatchewan border in Montana in a few weeks chasing pheasants and sharp tails.

It’s all about elk, and to some extent deer, here in Colorado. My father used to live in the mountains, the middle of elk country and adjacent to where they reintroduced Shiras Moose a while back. Every year, there are more moose mistakenly shot by elk hunters then are legally harvested by those with moose tags. Thy really don’t look that much alike.

Last edited:

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Good luck! please share some pics of dinner made with harvest!

I love the "hunt" almost as much as I love the eating part

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
You poor deranged man. You wanna go walk around in the woods all day carrying a GUN waiting for your appurtunity to MURDER poor innocent woodland creatures..

(Sarcasm, just mocking people who deserve it) Good luck! ?

Hunting is much too slow for me, and moose is a touch too gamey for my taste buds lol. Venison in some dark gravy over taters though... mmmmmm.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired

DSC_0548.JPG

DSC_0549.JPG

DSC_0550.JPG
Up in The County????