First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Found a deal i could not say no about. under 200 with shipping included, 12,500, synthetic rope, ip 68, supposedly 6 hp all copper guts motor and 3 stage set planetary gears. Im very skeptical of what will show up lol. Its kinda ugly. if it works I will rattle can it to match the truck?

1667115572283.png

But, free returns and a warranty on mechanical and electrics from the manufacture. If it works when i need it awesome. If it does not i just return it when im done digging cussing trac boarding and armstrong come along crawling the truck out. done it before. Did some research, they are re-branding and trying to get the older stock out so they can slap new labels on the same winches.
Feeling lucky take a try - Amazon Ebay and the Manufacturer are all selling about four models with 50% off. I went with Amazon since I had a gift card balance to throw at it. About the same price at all 3.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173833040875 One day and counting left on the sale price with free ship. also other models for same half off deal.

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-12500lbs-Utility-Synthetic-FA12-5S/dp/B075L739SR/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1L4FMDKYGJCN1&keywords=ANT+winch+12000&qid=1667114822&sprefix=ant+winch+12000,aps,225&sr=8-3
Best choice in my view as it has the synthetic line. steel cables are fine just heavy, get rusty and hard to get squared away neatly. plus if the synthetic line is junk ( i almost expect it to be ) its easier to replace.

https://www.zhme.com/ Thats the manufacture page, same winches same deals just with different label and color on case.

No, its not a Warn. these china winches all sticker in the 200 to 1000 dollar range. Warn barely sells anything in that range ( including the china made Warn in a similar weight and feature model to what I bought). Id prefer Ramsey on the front of my ranger but I prefer to keep my kidneys lol. this CHINA winch is made by same factory that makes about a dozen oem name brands we have all seen like Engo, Mile Marker, Badlands, Smitty, Superwinch, Rough Country and others. While those brands are not the "BEST" they work and for the most part are serviceable tools. Ningbo Zhonghuang Machine & Electrics Co. AKA ZMHE is the builder. the brand is FROM or something goofy lol. Sure Id like a USA winch. If someone is willing to gift me one I will be standing by :p
Sponsored

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, I'd buy a Badlands winch before I bought one of these. Unless you are buying it for looks, the worst thing that would happen is it will fail when you need it. I don't think a winch is something you want to skimp on. Even though I hope I will never use it, I ended up buying a Warn. My second choice was a Badlands, but I was talked out of it.

Good luck with whatever ends up showing up at your door. I'd be interested in your opinions once you actually see it.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The price on Amazon is $360 which makes it more expensive than a dozen other Chinese winches there.

Or is there a different link to the lower price?

The only sub $200 I saw was steel line on eBay.

No real mention of what comes with it but the others on Amazon (Zeak, Stegodon, Rugcel, etc.) all have wireless remotes and other accessories at around $300.

If I could get the one you link for ~$200 with synthetic, I'd bite.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
FWIW, I'd buy a Badlands winch before I bought one of these. Unless you are buying it for looks, the worst thing that would happen is it will fail when you need it. I don't think a winch is something you want to skimp on. Even though I hope I will never use it, I ended up buying a Warn. My second choice was a Badlands, but I was talked out of it.

Good luck with whatever ends up showing up at your door. I'd be interested in your opinions once you actually see it.
If nothing else, at least with the Badlands (Harbor Freight) you would have a physical place/store to take it back to if it ever did fail.
Looking on their web site, the 12,000 winch does seem to have good ratings.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
The price on Amazon is $360 which makes it more expensive than a dozen other Chinese winches there.

No real mention of what comes with it but the others on Amazon (Zeak, Stegodon, Rugcel, etc.) all have wireless remotes and other accessories at around $300.

coupon spot you click on amazon takes off fifty percent. its a small square you have to click normally near the price. heres a pic i took of my screen with the description for protection if they send me something other than described.

1667153030817.png

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

I just thought of something, try logging into your amazon account and then use the link after being logged in. Maybe the coupon option only pops up for folks that are already amazon customers logged in to an account. The only limit I saw on the coupon was one per customer.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

I agree 100% recovery gear that works is worth the money. Id like a warn or ramsey or sherpa but cant afford one. They cost about 4 truck payments for me. I was going to go with a badlands apex since they have a lot of happy customers. My plan was to wait till holidays come and snag one on sale. currently the apex 12 is nearly 700 dollars! no way im paying that for one when usa winch is nearly in that range. so when i saw the deal i thought over the risk and went for it. if its junk its returnable for a refund and comes with a warranty. I do not have high expectations for what shows up at all lol. from what i could gather is it has the same guts as the badlands apex with different color case and stickers, ugly control box like the zxr, smitty, mile marker, super winch etc. for 200 ill give it try and test it before needing it. if it was full price in the 400 and range i wouldnt have bought one. I would have gone for the better respected of the china winches. the market is flooded with them and it looks like basically three manufactures make all of them lol.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Tried several ways, coupon not available any longer
oh man that stinks. i guess the time limit is up. I know the ones on ebay listed the sale price as less than 24 hours left last night.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
looks like the ebay sale is still good for about 12 hours from now at. its same model as what i got but steel cable instead of rope. but the price is less to reflect the difference in cable. still a great deal if they work lol. looks like they have 10 of them left.

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

look like the amazon deal expired. the ebay one has time left with a few options. a 9500 with synthetic rope under 200. https://www.ebay.com/sme/tungsten4x...nt&_soffid=10824227703&_trksid=p2047675.m2197

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
the 9500 on ebay with synthetic rope looks like the mile marker sec 9500 to me but the case paint is not as nice. at 160 id go for that one too lol.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
the market is flooded with them and it looks like basically three manufactures make all of them lol.
FYI, just because they come out of the same Chinese factories does not mean they have the same raw components in them. Different name brands may spec different internal parts.

I recently got a HF coupon for the Badlands 12k winch for $359.....

OP
OP
9zero1790

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
FYI, just because they come out of the same Chinese factories does not mean they have the same raw components in them. Different name brands may spec different internal parts.

I recently got a HF coupon for the Badlands 12k winch for $359.....
very true, im sure they have several grades of parts. if i was going to get a hf badlands i would want the apex. its over priced currently in my opinion

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
look like the amazon deal expired. the ebay one has time left with a few options. a 9500 with synthetic rope under 200. https://www.ebay.com/sme/tungsten4x...nt&_soffid=10824227703&_trksid=p2047675.m2197
The 50% coupon only appears for me on the steel cable version on Amazon.

The 9500 synthetic you linked on eBay is also available on Amazon for the same price. Might spring for it there. For my Jeep, not my Ranger. I think I'd want the 12k for my Ranger.

Amazon Link

Thanks for the heads up :like:

Edit: Just bought the one on Amazon.
Sponsored

Last edited: