First Name
Reynaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
USAF
Hey y’all I’m sure this is super easy for everyone but if you’re a visual learner like me here’s some pics on how to remove the FX4 Gravel/Air Deflector (Both sides the same
3659121C-AA30-4629-83D0-3A3D1E130F8C.jpeg

87493E42-C12E-41E2-B212-13CB6E32BDFA.jpeg

This bracket is attached to your deflector as it’s own piece.
2527F8BB-29B4-40B2-A892-02B6644B6330.jpeg

Once you remove the 7 & 8mm there will
be this plastic pin that will pop out by pulling the bracket off.
D564BF49-729C-450C-B0F8-61F21516D2D3.jpeg
Top right is located just at the end of your crash bars. (If you have a crash bar cover you have to remove it unless you have tiny hands and can fit your socket with it on.) After these you can go ahead and pull the deflector out.
C4DC09B3-446A-406C-8605-F7FD97CBF6A4.jpeg

Hope this helps!
Sponsored

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Should have taken these off when I installed my Bilstiens

OP
OP
ReyxRngr

ReyxRngr

First Name
Reynaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
USAF
Should have taken these off when I installed my Bilstiens
I’m like a noob when it comes to these kind of things so it would probably be super easy for guys like you haha

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
Why remove this?

OP
OP
ReyxRngr

ReyxRngr

First Name
Reynaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
USAF
Why remove this?
Personal preference tbh. Plan to get new wheels soon and the offset will be +1 making it sit right outside the fenders. So I felt it’d look cleaner with this off.
Technically I’ve read it helps with air flow (cool air going into radiator)and drag but we will see if it hinders the MPG & if engine temp rises ??‍♂

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Well, they also help deflect rocks and debris. And when a sharp rock hits the CVU joint's protection boot, you'll be asking yourself why you removed them! Trim perhaps to clear the wrong sized tire? Mmmm maybe, but remove? Nah!

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Well, they also help deflect rocks and debris. And when a sharp rock hits the CVU joint's protection boot, you'll be asking yourself why you removed them! Trim perhaps to clear the wrong sized tire? Mmmm maybe, but remove? Nah!
I agree on that based solely upon Fords desire to DELETE parts , not add unnecessary ones , if they put them on there then something bad had to have happened to make them , they didn't want them or the cost associated with them, so the cost without them must have been greater , they count beans you see , perhaps the OP could post up some picks on how to reinstall them and a video of remorse ... (looks way better now that i can see the suspension though , ima cut some of mine but leave brackets and bolts)

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Personal preference tbh. Plan to get new wheels soon and the offset will be +1 making it sit right outside the fenders. So I felt it’d look cleaner with this off.
Technically I’ve read it helps with air flow (cool air going into radiator)and drag but we will see if it hinders the MPG & if engine temp rises ??‍♂
That is exactly why Ford installed them in the first place; to smooth airflow and reduce turbulence in the wheel well for better mpg; nothing to do with engine cooling. The offset will probably have more effect on mpg, if any, than removing the deflectors.

This is the company that removed the 2¢ gear position led in the console for cost savings, but if something helps get the CAFE up 1/100 mpg, they'll spend the money.
Sponsored