Fuel in oil

JustSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Thank you for sharing that service department write-up. I have tested the resting fuel rail pressure myself and it was holding at 70psi on mine. Sounds like that is the expected range.

My first dealer service visit was a waste of time really. They were going to start the diagnosis process, but ford corporate stopped the pre-authorization and redirected them to check the engine oil level immediately after shutting the engine off, instead of following the owner manual instructions to wait 15 minutes. I requested an updated addendum to add to my owner manual and that has been met with crickets. Of course they would not give me any visit documents showing why I was there and even the Ford pass app has no details other than I visited. I made notes on the paper given of why I was there, signed and dated it and took a picture for timestamp evidence. Not my first rodeo.
Exactly. I am told by Ford and the dealer that they aren't seeing complaints about this. But by not recording the customer requests to have it looked into, how would they? It sounds like a cover-up by Ford.
Sponsored

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Mine is still high just a bit over the top hole.. Purchased an 8yr 100k Esp plan just going to change it every 5k.. Just drive it an not worry about it
Update after my 8k oil change my oil level has been steady 3k in on this OCI.. I have a Blackstone kit ready when I change just to check..

PXL_20220313_163801629.jpg

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Just wanted to post an update, ended up taking to the dealer I bought the car from and have had good luck with (especially the body shop, highly recommend). After the first conversation on the phone a month or so ago, I was told I was not going to get it back until it was fixed. Low and behold they kept it for two days. They did all the same tests of the other dealership + checking the computer for codes and other diagnostics. They did not pressure me for an oil change on my own dime, thankfully. They told me their hands are tied because of their tests showing everything is working, Ford wont authorize them to do a tear down or any more work, even though they can smell the fuel in oil and have confirmed it. The service advisor mentioned lemon lawing it/buy back from ford, as I have two separate attempts now and even mentioned try carvana as you may be able to get more than you paid (I won't, already checked, but damn close) Also recommended I call ford customer care. It would be nice if the dealership could push ford on it, but I guess that's just asking for to much -_-. I plan to call ford Customer care tomorrow for the second time since this started to try to figure out what they can do, because I'm at the point where I want a solution with this and be done with it. Id like to just have it fixed but at this point I'm not sure how feasible that is. I think if Ford tore it down a recall might be in order and that's what they want to avoid. Avoid all responsibility seems to be the goal with Ford. With vehicles being hard to get or a longer than usual wait time, I would like to have it fixed or at least warranty extended till 100k like someone else on here got. Even If they extended warranty it would make me feel a lot better in the meantime until I find a vehicle I like (hopefully toyota redoes 4runner within a few years) If they bought back or if I had to sell to carvana I would probably have to lease something for 2-3 years, which isnt optimal, but at least I wouldn't be worrying about this issue..

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Just wanted to post an update, ended up taking to the dealer I bought the car from and have had good luck with (especially the body shop, highly recommend). After the first conversation on the phone a month or so ago, I was told I was not going to get it back until it was fixed. Low and behold they kept it for two days. They did all the same tests of the other dealership + checking the computer for codes and other diagnostics. They did not pressure me for an oil change on my own dime, thankfully. They told me their hands are tied because of their tests showing everything is working, Ford wont authorize them to do a tear down or any more work, even though they can smell the fuel in oil and have confirmed it. The service advisor mentioned lemon lawing it/buy back from ford, as I have two separate attempts now and even mentioned try carvana as you may be able to get more than you paid (I won't, already checked, but damn close) Also recommended I call ford customer care. It would be nice if the dealership could push ford on it, but I guess that's just asking for to much -_-. I plan to call ford Customer care tomorrow for the second time since this started to try to figure out what they can do, because I'm at the point where I want a solution with this and be done with it. Id like to just have it fixed but at this point I'm not sure how feasible that is. I think if Ford tore it down a recall might be in order and that's what they want to avoid. Avoid all responsibility seems to be the goal with Ford. With vehicles being hard to get or a longer than usual wait time, I would like to have it fixed or at least warranty extended till 100k like someone else on here got. Even If they extended warranty it would make me feel a lot better in the meantime until I find a vehicle I like (hopefully toyota redoes 4runner within a few years) If they bought back or if I had to sell to carvana I would probably have to lease something for 2-3 years, which isnt optimal, but at least I wouldn't be worrying about this issue..
How high is your oil level?

Reactions: Doc

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
How high is your oil level?
It was before the first dealership about a a quarter to half quart over full ( about 2 inches above twist on dipstick), when I took it in this time to the dealership where I bought the vehicle from, it was about on the twist, but smelled like gas. It smelled of gas the first day after the first dealer did oil change as well. It only seems to happen when driving as well, which Is why I believe a tear down is the only way this is gonna get fixed, could be the piston rings or pcv. Where as when the car sits for a few days, doesnt seem to increase at all.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
It was before the first dealership about a a quarter to half quart over full ( about 2 inches above twist on dipstick), when I took it in this time to the dealership where I bought the vehicle from, it was about on the twist, but smelled like gas. It smelled of gas the first day after the first dealer did oil change as well. It only seems to happen when driving as well, which Is why I believe a tear down is the only way this is gonna get fixed, could be the piston rings or pcv. Where as when the car sits for a few days, doesnt seem to increase at all.
How many miles on your truck?

Reactions: Doc

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Interesting this also sounds like a leaking HPFP as my truck was doing..

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
So instead of trying to fix it, Ford suggested selling your truck to some other unassuming person on carvana so that they would pay full price for a so called lemon. If there truly is a problem and they can't fix it then why punish other customers who will inherit same problem

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I agree. I really donā€™t wanna sell to caravans as Iā€™d feel bad someone is going to have the same issue. If ford wonā€™t buy it back or fix it, I dont know what other choice i have. Itā€™s bullshit. Will never buy a ford again or any American car, thatā€™s for sure.

N. J. Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I agree. I really donā€™t wanna sell to caravans as Iā€™d feel bad someone is going to have the same issue. If ford wonā€™t buy it back or fix it, I dont know what other choice i have. Itā€™s bullshit. Will never buy a ford again or any American car, thatā€™s for sure.
Exactly how I felt,BULLSHIT! I got rid of mine and bought a Honda Ridgeline makes you leary of American companies. Tried to support an American manufacturer and got screwed!

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
8k. Started around 6500
Youā€™ve documented the ā€œproblemā€ and you have a 5/60k warranty, so just drive it. If youā€˜ve read this entire lengthy thread, you have noted that there isnā€™t a single documented engine failure reported. Also, buying an extended warranty at your low mileage would be cheaper than trading.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Youā€™ve documented the ā€œproblemā€ and you have a 5/60k warranty, so just drive it. If youā€˜ve read this entire lengthy thread, you have noted that there isnā€™t a single documented engine failure reported. Also, buying an extended warranty at your low mileage would be cheaper than trading.
Agreed , whatever is in the oil , Ford is ok with it , so im ok with it .
Sponsored