2ford

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
  • Banned
Those with fuel in their crankcase what is the manufacture date of your engine.
Sponsored

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Where would one find that info?

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
Engine build date, is on the front of the valve cover.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Turns out my engine was built 1 day before the truck was! Sept 10 for the engineer and Sept 11 for the truck.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Well, it looks like I was REALLY wrong. Since I drained out what I thought was my dumb ass overfilling, the ranger hasn't moved until today. My wife took it into town to get groceries. Oil went from slightly over the top of the hash mark to halfway towards the top notch! . I think tomorrow I'll go on that long drive and see, but it looks like I'll be calling the dealer.

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
Inside of the drivers door label. Mine has a build date of 12/2018 and I have zero issues at a little over 17k miles with two oil changes under my belt.
1/04/
Turns out my engine was built 1 day before the truck was! Sept 10 for the engineer and Sept 11 for the truck.
1/04/2019 for me and it has been to dealer and they want to take the HPFP off but...... the gasket will not be available to November which sucks the big one

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
To bad folks with the "Engine Making Oil" issue aren't responding to this thread.. seems like a good way to possibly see if there was just a batch of bad parts that's the issue.

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
To bad folks with the "Engine Making Oil" issue aren't responding to this thread.. seems like a good way to possibly see if there was just a batch of bad parts that's the issue.
I believe I have one of the worse cases on here. I just checked, and the engine decal states Feb 13, 2019. I also checked the oil while I had the hood up, the level has been hovering at the top of the twist for the past few hundred miles or so. I am guessing 1-1/2qts of gas in the crankcase. Sucks checking the oil, it is so thin now, it is difficult to contain the dripping, and I always need to do a wipe down after checking. I have ~2200 miles on the oil and Ford wants me to get to 5000 miles before they will take another sample and decide where to go from there. Truck has been in for this issue 8 times since March, new injectors - twice, new HPFP, new Fuel line and rail, nothing has changed.

It may be worth noting, my truck had absolutely no issues for the first 10,000 miles, oil level was rock steady and barely moved.......so what happened?

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I believe I have one of the worse cases on here. I just checked, and the engine decal states Feb 13, 2019. I also checked the oil while I had the hood up, the level has been hovering at the top of the twist for the past few hundred miles or so. I am guessing 1-1/2qts of gas in the crankcase. Sucks checking the oil, it is so thin now, it is difficult to contain the dripping, and I always need to do a wipe down after checking. I have ~2200 miles on the oil and Ford wants me to get to 5000 miles before they will take another sample and decide where to go from there. Truck has been in for this issue 8 times since March, new injectors - twice, new HPFP, new Fuel line and rail, nothing has changed.

It may be worth noting, my truck had absolutely no issues for the first 10,000 miles, oil level was rock steady and barely moved.......so what happened?
Wow.. everything folks think is the culprit... has been replaced... twice! That sucks. Sorry you are dealing with this.

My truck has a little over 11,000 miles.... every time I go to check the oil I have that "Oh shit, what surprise lurks here" feeling.

Maybe ask them if they'll drop in a Coyote motor? ;)

Thanks for keeping us updated.

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired

Maybe cold weather? I see your in Wisconsin. Engine runs richer longer until warmed up.

Honda CR-Vs with the 1.5L D.I. Turbo engine had the fuel dilution problem, primarily in the colder states. I know initially Honda made some software changes to try to get the engines to warm up faster. Have not kept up to date with their progress since I got the Ranger in July.
Sponsored