ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat sport 501a
Occupation
Orange County fleet maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Any California ranger owners experiencing having to hold the fuel nozzle because it won't seal up to the filler neck properly ? any thoughts or remedies would be great. i have been pumping gas for 40 years and this is the first time and vehicle that i have had to deal with this. its kind of a pain in the rear.
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
If it is the kind with a rubber cup end piece, it usually is that the cup did not completely encase the neck. Usually, you can just work the offending section on with your finger.

If it's the type with the flat disk like piece that just goes over top where nozzle is going in (more like a splash guard than anything eco) usually just have to work the nozzle around to set the handle just so cause it's a finicky cut off and the handle angle is touchy.

Just my experience, yours may very, but it is CA and WTF anyway. lol:lipssealed:

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Yep. Same issue but I just hold it until the the tank is full. I've gotten used to it so it's no biggie. Only takes a couple of minutes.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Hi Shea,

If given the choice of filling my Ranger's tank in California or fighting an Anaconda, I would choose the Anaconda....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Haha.... Since both my Mustang and Ranger have the capless fuel filler necks, does that make me a certified Anaconda wrestler then?

On as serious note though, despite the fact that I need to hold the fuel nozzle, I actually like the capless fuel fillers. It only takes 2 or 3 minutes and you are done. I find them much more convenient.
Sponsored