First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor, 2019 Hyundai Kona
Occupation
Software Slave
Like the title says, I went through a soft touch wash with the fuel filler door open, just filled up the tank right before.

No way significant water got into the tank?
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Since your tank was full and the flap on the tank is closed, I believe no significant amount of water entered your tank, if any.
Edit:
surprise your filler door survived...

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i wouldnt worry about it. i doubt much would actually get into the filler neck and past the silly funnel system ford uses. my gas door on the five g flies open and shut every time i go past the blowers in the drive in car washes... blue oval quality lol.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did this with my brand new 2016 Soul the day I bought it-filled up and looped through the Touchless car wash with the gas cap off and the door wide open. I was freaking out afterward but I just closed everything up and hoped for the best. That was 56,000 miles ago and it's still running so I guess I was lucky.

03svt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2013 Raptor supercab
I always thoroughly wash and hose out inside there everytime I'm cleaning my truck and I've never had a problem. Like they said at least your door is okay and not damaged.

Scottlane1171

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
calibration tech
water will not enter. You have to bypass the the actuator further inside (as the nozzle on the pump handle does) to open the filler tube. If you want to add fuel from a fuel can you need that plastic adaptor/funnel (came with truck from Ford)to be able to do so.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I still might want to put some Dry Gas in it just to be sure ....

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
If you're really worried put in one of those injector cleaners which pick up moisture and it should carry it through. I'd be surprised if any got in though, water must come in under that flap when driving at high speed in heavy rain anyway and it never seems to be a problem.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
water will not enter. You have to bypass the the actuator further inside (as the nozzle on the pump handle does) to open the filler tube. If you want to add fuel from a fuel can you need that plastic adaptor/funnel (came with truck from Ford)to be able to do so.
That would drive me insane. My diesel has a nice fat filler opening with a proper screw in cap. It must also have a good internal vent, as it can take any funnel / jerry can spout, or a truck diesel pump handle, which fills it up really fast without any issues.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
That would drive me insane. My diesel has a nice fat filler opening with a proper screw in cap. It must also have a good internal vent, as it can take any funnel / jerry can spout, or a truck diesel pump handle, which fills it up really fast without any issues.
You haven't been able to do this with spark ignition vehicles since the advent of catalytic converters. The no-lead fill necks were constricted.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
First of all, let's address y'all taking your trucks through car washes.

Ewww

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
You haven't been able to do this with spark ignition vehicles since the advent of catalytic converters. The no-lead fill necks were constricted.
That's true here too, has been since about 1986 but I was thinking more about those "capless" type fillers which we don't see much of over here.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
In other news, I pressure wash the inside of my fill door. I've never had any issues.

As long as you're not shoving the nozzle inches from the full inlet and letting loose with 2500 psi, you're probably going to be ok.

If you're concerned, what's his name - soupie guy, has a fill cap for his tank... @subquark thatsvthat fellas name. 😂 I could think of your dang trucks name and the red and see your avatar, but not your name. 😂
Sponsored