SlinkyFriend

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus
***2/2/2019 Update*** Solved, Issue Hasn't Reoccurred

Just today my front far left sensor started going off constantly when I go at low speeds. Doesn’t stop. I think it is mainly because of the weather/wind. The sensor is directly where the wind is coming from. Started this morning. I tried cleaning it but really there wasn’t anything to clean off. It has been in the red as you can see from the picture. I actually tried giving it some warm air from my mouth and it started going to the yellow. But went back. So it makes me think there’s some moisture/ice inside or something. Anyone have experience with this with a different vehicle? Emailed the dealership.

3A2349D1-074D-431A-89A6-F9836E478C24.jpeg
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
It is just refusing to work correctly because it is too COLD!!!! :LOL:

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
It is just refusing to work correctly because it is too COLD!!!! :LOL:
Yeah, I'm in Eastern MT and it's been a blistering -3 (-23 feels like) but we expect +42 on Friday UGH...

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
That would get annoying reeeeal fast.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
@SlinkyFriend, has this reoccurred? Did you take it to the dealer yet?

I optioned the front & rear parking sensors specifically for city parking, so it's of great importance to me that it works!

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
My '16 Explorer front one goes off randomly every once in a while. So much so we joke about it now and blurt out "fly" every time it happens. The theroy is a "fly" flew in front of the sensor once, and just became a running gag now:D

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On my wife's '15 C-Max when they get dirty they go off sometimes. And also occasionally in VERY heavy rain - but it only happens when you are driving slowly. It is kind of annoying when you pull up to a stoplight and they start beeping even though no one is close. Cleaning them has always fixed that issue for us.

OP
OP

SlinkyFriend

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus
@SlinkyFriend, has this reoccurred? Did you take it to the dealer yet?

I optioned the front & rear parking sensors specifically for city parking, so it's of great importance to me that it works!
So... It finally stopped an hour ago after work. It definitely seemed like it was ice within the sensor. And I figured it was because I actually used a blow dryer to it 2 days ago and it stopped for awhile. But it was like still -12 then.

Sun has been on it for awhile, and while it is 14 degrees. It seems like it has melted. I will let you know if it comes back. If it comes back I will try to get it replaced, but seems to be working now!

OP
OP

SlinkyFriend

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus
Note, I cleaned it and made sure there was no ice on it or anything. Saw online, a McDonald’s bag stuck in the bumper could cause this. lol but it was too cold to check for that.

MarcusRanger

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 1964.5 Ford Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
***2/2/2019 Update*** Solved, Issue Hasn't Reoccurred

Just today my front far left sensor started going off constantly when I go at low speeds. Doesn’t stop. I think it is mainly because of the weather/wind. The sensor is directly where the wind is coming from. Started this morning. I tried cleaning it but really there wasn’t anything to clean off. It has been in the red as you can see from the picture. I actually tried giving it some warm air from my mouth and it started going to the yellow. But went back. So it makes me think there’s some moisture/ice inside or something. Anyone have experience with this with a different vehicle? Emailed the dealership.

3A2349D1-074D-431A-89A6-F9836E478C24.jpeg
Good day all, both my front sensors left and right side have been doing this intermittently since I got the truck. I am wondering if there is more to the story here. One thing I will say is that I had my truck rust proofed which would have involved spraying the underside. Perhaps some of that product made its way on to the sensors? However if anyone else can comment that has had this issue it would be great.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good day all, both my front sensors left and right side have been doing this intermittently since I got the truck. I am wondering if there is more to the story here. One thing I will say is that I had my truck rust proofed which would have involved spraying the underside. Perhaps some of that product made its way on to the sensors? However if anyone else can comment that has had this issue it would be great.
If they dirty, they will go off intermittently.
Sponsored