Front Bumper Fascia and Sensors

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
I would like to paint the silver lower portion of the front bumper fascia on a black Lariat FX2. Like this one below. I think it would look better in satin black.

vehicle.png

Can you paint the sensors, or do you need to replace them in the appropriate color?

Thanks!
Sponsored

ISUACE

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I painted my lower facia, bashplate and did a light coat on the sensors with no issues.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to paint the silver lower portion of the front bumper fascia on a black Lariat FX2. Like this one below. I think it would look better in satin black.

vehicle.png

Can you paint the sensors, or do you need to replace them in the appropriate color?

Thanks!
Painted mine over a year ago. No issues, they work fine.

IMG_20190604_143438.jpg

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant

vehicle.png

Thanks!
Have you already got the Ranger? If its not a Sport package, that lower bumper fascia might already be the same color as the body of the truck. I ordered my 2019 Lariat FX4 in white platinum, and Ford's website photos show that part being silver on it, but it actually showed up painted, so there is an error on some vehicles on their website. I'm glad it was already painted to match the rest of the Ranger otherwise I would have had to pay to have it done.

OP
OP
Nevada_Bob

Nevada_Bob

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat
Have you already got the Ranger? If its not a Sport package, that lower bumper fascia might already be the same color as the body of the truck. I ordered my 2019 Lariat FX4 in white platinum, and Ford's website photos show that part being silver on it, but it actually showed up painted, so there is an error on some vehicles on their website. I'm glad it was already painted to match the rest of the Ranger otherwise I would have had to pay to have it done.
treimche, no I do not have the truck yet.

My dealer had an FX2 package truck in their pipeline and I was literally moments away from leaving a deposit. I reached out to the group, for exactly the reason you described. The Ford rendering showed a silver fascia and I would have preferred black.

Turns out the FX2 was a SuperCab and I wanted a SuperCrew. So we've ordered something else.