Front 2.5 Comparisons

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
How would you guys rank the extended travel 2.5 coilovers in terms of softest to firm? I don't want something that will be ride worse than stock on road since that's most of my driving. I also don't want to sacrifice too much off road though. They will be paired with Icon Tubular UCA if that matters
Sponsored

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
How would you guys rank the extended travel 2.5 coilovers in terms of softest to firm? I don't want something that will be ride worse than stock on road since that's most of my driving. I also don't want to sacrifice too much off road though. They will be paired with Icon Tubular UCA if that matters
Any 2.5 coilover is going to have a stiffer on-road ride than the factory coilover assemblies just due to physics, so you may have to expand your definition of "worse" a bit more than you may be comfortable with when it comes to 2.5 coilovers.

You also have to keep in mind that we did not try out every single 2.5 coilover on a Ranger as of yet, so my personal experience is almost entirely with the F150s (except for the Ranger Fox 2.5s).

In my opinion, softest to firmest:
1). Fox 2.5 DSCs with DSCs set to softest settings.
2). King Adjustable 2.5s with Adjusters set to softest.
3). Standard Fox 2.5s.
4). Standard King 2.5s.
5). ICON 2.5s with CDCVs set to softest settings.
6). ICON 2.5s

With any 2.5 you'll be sacrificing at least some ride quality, but you're trading it in for the ability to zip through raw desert at 60mph.

If you're not going to be doing anything crazy off-road, you may want to stick with a 2.0 or Bilstein 6112.