First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
USN Ret, HM. Working as Nursing Director for a Surgical Clinic
Relatively new truck owner here. Been a car guy most of my life. Bought an F150 last year, but sold it because it was only 2WD. Was gonna wait for the Bronco, but needed a 4x4 since we like to launch our waveruner from the beach, plus the 0% financing was a nice little incentive. The F150 got stuck every time. Well, just called to get a quote to install Fox stage 2 on my Ranger XLT FX4 down here in San Diego. They quoted me $150/shock, $275/UCA, $150/alignment. Used to work on my own cars when I was younger and had more time (translation, didn't have a 2 and 4 year old daddy's girls running around and wanting to get into everything ) :crackup: Nowadays, I would normally leave this to the pros, but at $1025, looks like I'm gonna have to do this myself.
Sponsored

Mr Adventures

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
That's fairly reasonable. I haven't had the suspension replaced yet, but I've been shopping around for the right shop. Only looking at shops who specialize in off-road applications. To install the front coilovers, UCAs, rear shocks, and alignment: first shop quoted me $1700 in labor, second was $1000 in labor, and third was $750 in labor. It all depends on if the shop knows how long it'll take because they've done it before to a similar vehicle, or if they decide to add up all the hours the book gives them for each individual part replacement...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Relatively new truck owner here. Been a car guy most of my life. Bought an F150 last year, but sold it because it was only 2WD. Was gonna wait for the Bronco, but needed a 4x4 since we like to launch our waveruner from the beach, plus the 0% financing was a nice little incentive. The F150 got stuck every time. Well, just called to get a quote to install Fox stage 2 on my Ranger XLT FX4 down here in San Diego. They quoted me $150/shock, $275/UCA, $150/alignment. Used to work on my own cars when I was younger and had more time (translation, didn't have a 2 and 4 year old daddy's girls running around and wanting to get into everything ) :crackup: Nowadays, I would normally leave this to the pros, but at $1025, looks like I'm gonna have to do this myself.
Hi Jeff,

You are not far from Hemet which is a hot bed of offroad. I was amazed at the teams that raced for me at Ford were in Hemet as a couple of the noted Drag Racers. I might suggest you see if you can improve on this sort of costly endeavor you wish to accomplish.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jeff,

You are not far from Hemet which is a hot bed of offroad. I was amazed at the teams that raced for me at Ford were in Hemet as a couple of the noted Drag Racers. I might suggest you see if you can improve on this sort of costly endeavor you wish to accomplish.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil,
Do you still have your contact in Hemet? I'm in Northern San Diego inland and not far to Hemet. I know this is an old post.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Phil,
Do you still have your contact in Hemet? I'm in Northern San Diego inland and not far to Hemet. I know this is an old post.
HI Bladimir,

I have unfortunately lost track of the off road race teams as they scattered to the wind. Most of our Rough Rider teams focused on their vehicle only and did no outside work. It was about 5 years ago that I was through Hemet and It had changed significantly. Venable and Robby Gordon...gone...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored