First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Steelworkers
I have a 2020 ranger xlt fx4 that I regularly tow about 4000lbs of atv/sxs with. How would the fox 2.0 do? Anyone using them. And whats your opinion on them?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I can't personally speak for Fox since I have never used them before but I want trash talk them because I know they make good stuff. To my understanding a lot of members on this form and a few other people I know personally have used Fox shocks and have really been impressed with them. If you're looking for better ride quality with and without Towing it would be a good option to go with.

My question to you is do you go off-road whatsoever with your truck even with the load you do pull? Also are you looking to level or lift the truck? If you are Towing then I would advise trying to stay away from a leveling kit. You could just swap out the rear shocks for the Fox and be okay but if you go with a leveling kit there is a chance your headlights will not be touching the ground when you meet them to at night. I myself use the Old Man EMU lift kit by ARB and I have towed with it plenty of times already. I can say that it is phenomenal for Towing performance along with going off road and staying on Road. If you want to do a level or lift with your truck I would suggest going with Old Man EMU. If you decide you just want to replace rear shocks then the Fox shock would be a great choice for you.

I hope this helps

Here is my truck towing my old 1983 280ZX on an Auto transport with the Old Man EMU. About 5,500 lbs if i remember correctly and it did well.

0803201851.jpg

Reactions: EJH