FordPass Warning

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Got a new phone? Well FordPass will still operate you vehicle from your old phone as long as it has a WiFi signal. I just tried it with my previous phone which has no cell service and it locked the doors and started it. Be sure to remove the app from the old phone before you toss it!
Sponsored

GT5050

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Or just log out of it. FordPass is an account, so like many apps it will work on several devices if logged in. It is not phone specific.

If another person sets up an account and tries to authorize a vehicle, that authorization will have to be approved by the primary user. BUT another device can be logged into the app with the primary’s email and password.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You should always reset your old phone once your new ones up and running. This way it'll wipe out all your info/apps and resort it to new. Also make sure you destroy the old sim card.

Last edited:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Got a new phone? Well FordPass will still operate you vehicle from your old phone as long as it has a WiFi signal. I just tried it with my previous phone which has no cell service and it locked the doors and started it. Be sure to remove the app from the old phone before you toss it!
Makes sense to me. Apps aren't tied to your cell service, they are tied to "being logged in and able to connect to the internet". You should absolutely physically destroy or at least digitally wipe your old phone entirely before it leaves your possession.

OP
OP
The Long Ranger

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
I realize that there are infinite ways to prevent the app from being used. My post was made simply to remind us all that even a dead snake is still poisonous.
Sponsored